Table of Contents
The Texas State Bobcats (3-4) will host the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (3-3) on Saturday at 5:00 PM ET.
The Golden Eagles are favored, but by less than a field goal (-2.5), against the Bobcats. The over/under for this matchup is 43.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Southern Miss vs. Texas State
- Game Day: Saturday, October 22, 2022
- Game Time: 5:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: San Marcos, Texas
- Stadium: Jim Wacker Field at Bobcat Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Southern Miss Betting Insights
- Texas State has a 4-3-0 record against the spread this year.
- Texas State is a 2-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or more this year.
- Texas State games have hit the over in three out of seven opportunities (42.9%).
Southern Miss Stats & Insights
- Southern Miss ranks 24th-worst in total offense (336.8 yards per game), but has played slightly better on defense, ranking 56th with 366.8 yards allowed per game.
- Southern Miss ranks 88th in scoring offense (25.8 points per game) and 48th in scoring defense (23.2 points allowed per game) this year.
- Southern Miss ranks 99th in pass offense (212.3 passing yards per game) and 76th in pass defense (235.8 passing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Southern Miss is compiling 124.5 rushing yards per game on offense (99th in the FBS), and ranks 49th on defense with 131.0 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Offensively, Southern Miss ranks 92nd in the FBS with a 36.2% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 72nd in third-down percentage allowed (131.0).
- Southern Miss ranks 100th in college football with a -5 turnover margin after forcing 9 turnovers (68th in the FBS) while committing 14 (120th in the FBS).
Southern Miss’ Best Players
- Zach Wilcke has 792 pass yards for Southern Miss, completing 57.6% of his passes and recording six touchdowns and six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Frank Gore Jr., has carried the ball 96 times for 477 yards (79.5 per game), scoring four times.
- Janari Dean has racked up 84 yards on 26 carries, scoring one time.
- Jason Brownlee’s 370 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted 49 times and has totaled 27 catches and four touchdowns.
- Jakarius Caston has put together a 264-yard season so far with three touchdowns, hauling in 21 passes on 31 targets.
- Tiaquelin Mims has been the target of nine passes and compiled seven grabs for 115 yards, an average of 19.2 yards per contest..
- Dominic Quewon leads the team with 6.0 sacks, and also has 5.0 TFL and eight tackles.
- Santrell Latham is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s amassed 24 tackles and one sack.
- Camron Harrell leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording seven tackles and two passes defended.
Texas State Betting Insights
- Texas State is 4-3-0 ATS this year.
- When it has played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this year, Texas State is 2-2 against the spread.
- Texas State has gone over in three of their seven games with a set total (42.9%).
Texas State Stats & Insights
- Texas State’s offense has been a bottom-25 unit in total offense this season, putting up 335.6 total yards per game, which ranks 23rd-worst in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, it ranks 51st with 361.7 total yards ceded per contest.
- Texas State is posting 22.7 points per game on offense this season (105th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 24.7 points per contest (57th-ranked) on defense.
- Texas State ranks 68th in the FBS with 241.6 passing yards per game on offense, and it ranks 77th with 236.7 passing yards allowed per game on defense.
- Texas State’s rushing offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, registering 94.0 rushing yards per game, which ranks 10th-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 40th with 125.0 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- With a 38.7% third-down conversion rate on offense, Texas State ranks 76th in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 30th, allowing a 32.7% third-down rate.
- With 12 forced turnovers (24th in the FBS) and 13 turnovers committed (106th in the FBS) this season, Texas State ranks 100th in the FBS with a turnover margin of -1.
Texas State’s Best Players
- Layne Hatcher has compiled 1,691 yards (241.6 ypg) while completing 62.8% of his passes and tossing 14 touchdown passes with seven interceptions this season.
- Lincoln Pare is his team’s leading rusher with 87 carries for 343 yards, or 49.0 per game. He’s found paydirt two times on the ground, as well. Pare has also chipped in with 14 catches for 165 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Calvin Hill has been given 73 carries and totaled 335 yards with one touchdown.
- Ashtyn Hawkins’ 474 receiving yards (67.7 yards per game) lead the team. He has 48 catches on 63 targets with six touchdowns.
- Marcell Barbee has recorded 228 receiving yards (32.6 yards per game) and one touchdown on 18 receptions.
- Charles Brown’s 15 receptions (on 24 targets) have netted him 207 yards (29.6 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Levi Bell, the team’s sack and tackle leader, has racked up 5.0 sacks, 7.0 TFL and 22 tackles.
- Kordell Rodgers leads the team with three interceptions, while also recording 11 tackles and four passes defended.