Table of Contents
The South Carolina Gamecocks (4-2) are in action on Saturday at 7:30 PM ET at Williams-Brice Stadium versus the Texas A&M Aggies (3-3).
The Gamecocks are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3), versus the Aggies (with an over/under of 44.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Texas A&M vs. South Carolina
- Game Day: Saturday, October 22, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: SEC Network
- Location: Columbia, South Carolina
- Stadium: Williams-Brice Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Texas A&M Betting Insights
- South Carolina has a 3-3-0 record against the spread this year.
- South Carolina is 1-2 against the spread when an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in three of South Carolina’s six games with a set total.
Texas A&M Stats & Insights
- While Texas A&M ranks 55th in total defense with 365.3 yards allowed per game, the team’s offensive unit has been a little less successful, ranking 21st-worst (333.5 yards per game).
- Texas A&M has struggled offensively, ranking 21st-worst in the FBS (21.5 points per game) this season. The defense, however, ranks 21st-best, allowing just 18.8 points per game.
- On the defensive side of the ball, Texas A&M has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking 14th-best by allowing just 175.5 passing yards per game. The Aggies rank 97th on offense (213.3 passing yards per game).
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 run defense that ranks 17th-worst in the FBS (189.8 rushing yards allowed per game), Texas A&M has played better on offense, ranking 101st in the FBS by putting up 120.2 rushing yards per game.
- Texas A&M is averaging a 33.8% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 105th in the FBS. On the other side of the ball, the defense ranks 51st, surrendering a 36.0% third-down conversion rate.
- With nine forced turnovers (68th in the FBS) against nine turnovers committed (57th in the FBS), Texas A&M’s even turnover margin ranks 100th in college football.
Texas A&M’s Best Players
- Haynes King has been a dual threat for Texas A&M so far this season. He has 763 passing yards, completing 58.2% of his passes and tossing five touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 82 yards (13.7 ypg) on 24 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Devon Achane has racked up 528 yards on 97 carries while finding paydirt three times. He’s also caught 19 passes for 97 yards (16.2 per game) and one touchdown through the air.
- Evan Stewart has hauled in 26 receptions for 303 yards (50.5 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone one time as a receiver.
- Ainias Smith has put up a 291-yard season so far with two touchdowns, hauling in 15 passes on 24 targets.
- Muhsin Muhammad III has been the target of 22 passes and racked up 13 receptions for 199 yards, an average of 33.2 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone two times through the air this season.
- Chris Russell has collected 2.5 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 3.0 TFL and 22 tackles.
- Antonio Johnson, Texas A&M’s top tackler, has 26 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack this year.
- Jardin Gilbert has a team-high two interceptions to go along with 13 tackles and two passes defended.
South Carolina Betting Insights
- South Carolina’s ATS record is 3-3-0 this season.
- South Carolina has a 1-2 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 3 points or more this season.
- In South Carolina’s six games with a set total, three have hit the over (50%).
South Carolina Stats & Insights
- South Carolina is compiling 388.8 total yards per contest on offense this season (78th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 354.3 total yards per game (44th-ranked).
- South Carolina is putting up 33.7 points per game on offense this season (42nd-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up 25.0 points per game (61st-ranked) on defense.
- South Carolina ranks 64th in the FBS with 243.8 passing yards per contest, but it has been carried by its defense, which ranks 17th-best by giving up just 179.7 passing yards per contest.
- From an offensive angle, South Carolina is accumulating 145.0 rushing yards per game (76th-ranked). It ranks 100th in the FBS defensively (174.7 rushing yards surrendered per game).
- South Carolina ranks 85th in the FBS with a 37.7% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and 72nd with a 39.2% third-down percentage allowed on the defensive side of the ball.
- With nine forced turnovers (68th in the FBS) and 15 turnovers committed (123rd in the FBS) this season, South Carolina ranks 100th in the FBS with a turnover margin of -6.
South Carolina’s Best Players
- Spencer Rattler has put up 1,297 passing yards, or 216.2 per game, so far this season. He has completed 65.9% of his passes and has recorded five touchdowns with eight interceptions.
- MarShawn Lloyd’s team-high 434 rushing yards have come on 75 carries, with seven touchdowns. He also leads the team with 149 receiving yards (24.8 per game) on 15 catches with two touchdowns.
- Juju McDowell has run for 135 yards across 39 carries, scoring two touchdowns.
- Antwane Wells Jr. has collected 27 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 375 (62.5 yards per game). He’s been targeted 34 times and has two touchdowns.
- Jalen Brooks has 20 receptions (on 24 targets) for a total of 335 yards (55.8 yards per game) this year.
- Jordan Burch, the team’s tackle and sacks leader, has recorded 2.5 sacks, 4.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Marcellas Dial has a team-leading two interceptions to go along with eight tackles and two passes defended.