Table of Contents
Star running back John Rhys Plumlee and the UCF Knights (5-1) play the East Carolina Pirates (4-3) on Saturday at 7:30 PM ET at Bagwell Field at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium.
The Pirates are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+5), against the Knights (with an over/under of 65.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for UCF vs. East Carolina
- Game Day: Saturday, October 22, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Greenville, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bagwell Field at Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
UCF Betting Insights
- East Carolina is 4-3-0 against the spread this season.
- In games it has played as at least 5-point underdogs this year, East Carolina is 1-0 against the spread.
- East Carolina has gone over in four of their seven games with a set total (57.1%).
UCF Stats & Insights
- UCF ranks 28th in total defense this season (338.2 yards allowed per game), but has been shining on the offensive side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the FBS with 524.3 total yards per game.
- UCF has been firing on all cylinders this year, as they rank 13th-best in scoring offense (41.3 points per game) and seventh-best in scoring defense (14.3 points allowed per game).
- On offense, UCF ranks 49th in the FBS with 264.0 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 42nd in passing yards allowed per contest (211.7).
- On the offensive side of the ball, UCF has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fourth-best in the FBS by compiling 260.3 per game. The Knights rank 44th on defense (126.5 rushing yards allowed per game).
- UCF has been a difficult matchup for opposing teams on third down, ranking top-25 in both third-down offense (18th-best with a 48.9% third-down percentage) and third-down defense (12th-best with a 29.2% third-down percentage allowed) this year.
- With six forced turnovers (108th in the FBS) against six turnovers committed (21st in the FBS), UCF (0) has the 100th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
UCF’s Best Players
- Plumlee has been a dual threat for UCF so far this season. He has 1,516 passing yards, completing 63.7% of his passes and tossing 11 touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 454 yards (75.7 ypg) on 86 carries with seven rushing touchdowns.
- Isaiah Bowser has collected 324 yards on 90 attempts, scoring nine times. He’s grabbed six passes for 106 yards (17.7 per game), as well.
- Javon Baker’s 403 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 44 times and has registered 25 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Ryan O’Keefe has put up a 364-yard season so far with four touchdowns, hauling in 28 passes on 39 targets.
- Kobe Hudson’s seven catches have turned into 174 yards and two touchdowns.
- Tre’mon Morris-Brash has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 3.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Jason Johnson is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s amassed 43 tackles and 1.0 TFL.
- Divaad Wilson leads the team with two interceptions, while also putting up 16 tackles and two passes defended.
East Carolina Betting Insights
- East Carolina is 4-3-0 ATS this season.
- East Carolina is a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 5 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in four of East Carolina’s seven games with a set total.
East Carolina Stats & Insights
- East Carolina’s defense ranks 79th in the FBS with 388.3 total yards allowed per contest, but it has been lifted up by its offense, which ranks 21st-best by generating 474.7 total yards per contest.
- East Carolina ranks 45th in the FBS with 33.1 points per game on offense, and it ranks 56th with 24.6 points allowed per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- East Carolina ranks 14th-worst in passing yards allowed per game (278.3), but at least it has been excelling on the other side of the ball, ranking 18th-best in passing yards per contest (309.0).
- East Carolina’s run defense has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 23rd-best in the FBS with 110.0 rushing yards allowed per game. In terms of offense, it is generating 165.7 rushing yards per game, which ranks 58th.
- East Carolina’s third-down offense has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks 13th-best in the FBS with a 51.0% third-down conversion rate. In terms of defense, it is surrendering a 38.5% third-down rate, which ranks 65th.
- East Carolina sports a +2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 44th in the FBS.
East Carolina’s Best Players
- Holton Ahlers has compiled 2,124 yards on 68.5% passing while collecting 17 touchdown passes with five interceptions this season. He’s also run for 108 yards with two scores.
- The team’s top rusher, Keaton Mitchell, has carried the ball 85 times for 582 yards (83.1 per game) with six touchdowns. He’s also caught 15 passes for 119 yards.
- Rahjai Harris has rushed for 238 yards on 67 carries with five touchdowns.
- Isaiah Winstead’s 719 receiving yards (102.7 yards per game) are a team high. He has 52 receptions on 79 targets with three touchdowns.
- C.J. Johnson has caught 29 passes and compiled 517 receiving yards (73.9 per game) with seven touchdowns.
- Ryan Jones’ 29 receptions (on 36 targets) have netted him 304 yards (43.4 ypg) and four touchdowns.
- Shaundre Mims has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 3.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- So far Julius Wood leads the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has totaled 25 tackles and two interceptions this season.