The New York Knicks (0-1) take the court against the Detroit Pistons (1-0) as 6.5-point favorites on Friday, October 21, 2022 at 7:30 PM ET on MSG and BSDET. The matchup has a point total of 217.5.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. NBA pools are back! Hit your own 3 pointer with RunYourPool today.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Knicks vs. Pistons
- Game Day: Friday, October 21, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: MSG and BSDET
- Location: New York City, New York
- Arena: Madison Square Garden
Knicks Betting Stats & Information
- The Knicks won 23 of the 38 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (60.5%).
- In games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -259 or shorter last year, New York had a record of 7-5 (58.3%).
- The Knicks were 38-43-1 against the spread last year.
- As 6.5-point favorites or more, the Knicks went 6-8 against the spread last season.
- New York’s average point total in matchups last year was 213.1, 4.4 points less than the over/under in this game.
- Out of 82 Knicks games last season, 38 hit the over.
Detroit Betting Stats & Info
- The Pistons were underdogs 76 times last season and won 20, or 26.3%, of those games.
- Last season, Detroit won 13 of its 52 games, or 25%, when it was the underdog by at least +213 on the moneyline.
- The Pistons were 45-35-2 against the spread last year.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 6.5 points or more, the Pistons went 32-22 last season.
- The average over/under in Detroit’s games in 2021 was 0.1 fewer points than the point total of 217.5 for this game.
- In 82 Pistons games last season, 38 of them went over the total.
Knicks vs. Pistons Last Season Stat Comparison
|Knicks Rank||Knicks AVG||Pistons AVG||Pistons Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
New York Knicks Leaders
- Julius Randle put up 20.1 points and 10.0 rebounds per game last season.
- Jalen Brunson averaged 4.8 assists per game while also scoring 16.3 points per contest.
- Evan Fournier made 3.0 threes per game a season ago.
Detroit Pistons Leaders
- Bojan Bogdanovic contributed 18.1 points per game last season.
- Isaiah Stewart collected 8.7 rebounds per game and Cade Cunningham dished out 5.6 assists per matchup.
- Bogdanovic connected on 2.6 threes per game a season ago.