Table of Contents
Zay Flowers will lead the Boston College Eagles (2-5) into their matchup against the UConn Huskies (3-5) at Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET.
The Eagles are expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -8.5) versus the Huskies. The over/under for this matchup is 44.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Boston College vs. UConn
- Game Day: Saturday, October 29, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: East Hartford, Connecticut
- Stadium: Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Boston College Betting Insights
- UConn’s ATS record is 6-2-0 this year.
- UConn is a 4-2 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 8.5 points or more this season.
- Two of UConn’s eight games with a set total have hit the over (25%).
Boston College Stats & Insights
- Boston College ranks 14th-worst in total offense (308.0 yards per game), but has been slightly better on defense, ranking 68th with 379.7 yards allowed per contest.
- Boston College has been a bottom-25 scoring offense this season, ranking 17th-worst with 19.3 points per game. The defensive unit ranks 102nd in the FBS (31.0 points allowed per game).
- Offensively, Boston College ranks 68th in the FBS with 239.6 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 75th in passing yards allowed per contest (232.4).
- Boston College ranks worst in rushing offense (68.4 rushing yards per game), but has played better on defense, ranking 68th with 147.3 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- Boston College has been a bottom-25 offense on third down this season, ranking 14th-worst with a 31.4% third-down conversion rate. On defense, the Eagles rank 71st in the FBS (39.0% third-down percentage allowed).
- Boston College has forced eight total turnovers (96th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 11 times (75th in the FBS) for -3a turnover margin of -3, 100th-ranked in college football.
Boston College’s Best Players
- Phil Jurkovec has racked up 1,556 yards (222.3 ypg) on 135-of-228 passing with 11 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- Pat Garwo III has carried the ball 80 times for a team-high 257 yards on the ground and has found the end zone two times as a runner.
- Alex Broome has piled up 116 yards on 22 attempts, scoring one time.
- Flowers has hauled in 52 receptions for 691 yards (98.7 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone six times as a receiver.
- Jaelen Gill has grabbed 16 passes while averaging 38.1 yards per game.
- George Takacs has a total of 176 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 17 throws and scoring one touchdown.
- Donovan Ezeiruaku has 3.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 2.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- Kam Arnold has been all over the field, leading the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has 22 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions so far.
UConn Betting Insights
- UConn’s ATS record is 6-2-0 this season.
- UConn is 4-2 against the spread when an underdog by 8.5 points or more this season.
- Out of UConn’s eight games with a set total, two have hit the over (25%).
UConn Stats & Insights
- UConn’s offense has been a bottom-25 unit in total offense this season, registering 290.0 total yards per game, which ranks ninth-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 88th with 394.8 total yards surrendered per contest.
- UConn’s offense has been bottom-25 this season, compiling 18.1 points per game, which ranks 12th-worst in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, it ranks 88th with 29.1 points allowed per contest.
- UConn’s passing offense has been bottom-25 this season, generating 103.1 passing yards per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 81st with 238.8 passing yards ceded per contest.
- With 186.9 rushing yards per game on offense, UConn ranks 38th in the FBS. On defense it ranks 83rd, allowing 156.0 rushing yards per game.
- UConn ranks 62nd in third-down conversion rate (40.5%) on offense, but it has been less productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 14th-worst in the FBS with a 45.7% third-down percentage allowed.
- UConn has produced 11 forced turnovers (59th in the FBS) and committed 13 turnovers (94th in the FBS) this season for a -2 turnover margin that ranks 100th in the FBS.
UConn’s Best Players
- Zion Turner leads UConn with 790 yards on 94-of-154 passing with seven touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 134 rushing yards (16.8 ypg) on 57 carries.
- Nathan Carter has rushed for 405 yards on 65 carries so far this year while scoring one time on the ground.
- DeVontae Houston has totaled 350 yards on 52 carries with two touchdowns.
- Aaron Turner’s 275 receiving yards (34.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 31 receptions on 37 targets with three touchdowns.
- Kevens Clercius has put together a 170-yard season so far. He’s caught 12 passes on 24 targets.
- Justin Joly has racked up 130 reciving yards (16.3 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Eric Watts has collected 3.0 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 3.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Jackson Mitchell, UConn’s tackle leader, has 49 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and three sacks this year.
- Tre Wortham has a team-high three interceptions to go along with 12 tackles and four passes defended.