Table of Contents
Star wide receiver Nathaniel Dell and the Houston Cougars (4-3) face the South Florida Bulls (1-6) on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET, at John O’Quinn Field at TDECU Stadium.
The Bulls are expected to lose by at least two TDs (currently +17.5) versus the Cougars (with an over/under of 61 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Houston vs. South Florida
- Game Day: Saturday, October 29, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: John O’Quinn Field at TDECU Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Houston Betting Insights
- South Florida is 2-5-0 against the spread this year.
- South Florida is 2-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 17.5-point underdogs.
- South Florida games have gone over the point total in five out of seven opportunities (71.4%).
Houston Stats & Insights
- Houston ranks 64th in total offense (408.6 yards per game) and 92nd in total defense (401.1 yards allowed per game) this year.
- Houston sports the 49th-ranked scoring offense this year (32.3 points per game), and has been worse defensively, ranking 23rd-worst with 31.7 points allowed per game.
- Offensively, Houston ranks 48th in the FBS with 261.1 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 97th in passing yards allowed per contest (253.7).
- Houston is putting up 147.4 rushing yards per game on offense this year (72nd in the FBS), and is giving up 147.4 rushing yards per game (69th) on the other side of the ball.
- Houston has the 105th-ranked defense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (43.6% third-down percentage allowed), and has been better on offense, ranking 17th-best with a 49.1% third-down percentage.
- Houston ranks 100th in college football with a -2 turnover margin after forcing 9 turnovers (80th in the FBS) while committing 11 (75th in the FBS).
Houston’s Best Players
- Clayton Tune has thrown for 1,828 yards, completing 65.3% of his passes and collecting 17 touchdowns and four interceptions this season. He’s also run for 257 yards (36.7 ypg) on 75 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Brandon Campbell has racked up 334 yards on 71 carries while finding paydirt three times.
- Dell’s leads his squad with 627 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 51 receptions (out of 72 targets) and scored eight touchdowns.
- Matthew Golden has caught 17 passes for 233 yards (33.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- KeSean Carter’s 17 receptions have yielded 205 yards and two touchdowns.
- Derek Parish has 4.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 6.0 TFL and 19 tackles.
- Donavan Mutin, Houston’s leading tackler, has 43 tackles and 3.0 TFL this year.
- Art Green leads the team with two interceptions, while also putting up 25 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended.
South Florida Betting Insights
- South Florida is 2-5-0 against the spread this year.
- South Florida is 2-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least 17.5-point underdogs.
- The teams have hit the over in five of South Florida’s seven games with a set total.
South Florida Stats & Insights
- South Florida ranks 101st in total yards per game (353.1), but it has been less effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking fourth-worst in the FBS with 488.1 total yards surrendered per contest.
- South Florida ranks 89th in points per game (25.3), but it has been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking sixth-worst in the FBS with 37.6 points ceded per contest.
- In terms of passing, this season has been rough for South Florida on both offense and defense, as it is putting up only 181.1 passing yards per game (19th-worst) and surrendering 267.0 passing yards per game (24th-worst).
- South Florida ranks 53rd in rushing yards per game (172.0), but it has been less effective defensively, ranking fourth-worst in the FBS with 221.1 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
- South Florida ranks 81st in the FBS with a 37.5% third-down conversion rate on offense, and 94th with a 41.9% third-down percentage allowed on defense.
- South Florida has recorded 11 forced turnovers (59th in the FBS) and committed 11 turnovers (75th in the FBS) this season for a 0 turnover margin that ranks 100th in the FBS.
South Florida’s Best Players
- Gerry Bohanon has been a dual threat for South Florida this season. He has 1,070 passing yards (152.9 per game) while completing 56.9% of his passes. He’s tossed six touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. On the ground, he’s compiled 386 yards (55.1 ypg) on 60 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Brian Battie, has carried the ball 81 times for 493 yards (70.4 per game) with four touchdowns.
- Xavier Weaver’s 455 receiving yards (65.0 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 36 receptions on 60 targets with three touchdowns.
- Jimmy Horn Jr. has caught 18 passes and compiled 342 receiving yards (48.9 per game) with three touchdowns.
- Omarion Dollison has racked up 85 reciving yards (12.1 ypg) this season.
- Jason Vaughn has racked up 5.0 sacks to lead the team, while also recording 5.0 TFL and 12 tackles.
- South Florida’s top-tackler, Dwayne Boyles, has 34 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception this year.
- Aamaris Brown has a team-high two interceptions to go along with 10 tackles and two passes defended.