Table of Contents
At 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, the Rice Owls (4-3) are at home against the Charlotte 49ers (1-7).
The 49ers are expected to lose by at least two TDs (currently +16.5) versus the Owls (with an over/under of 60.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Rice vs. Charlotte
- Game Day: Saturday, October 29, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN3
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Rice Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Rice Betting Insights
- Charlotte is 2-6-0 against the spread this year.
- Charlotte is 2-2 against the spread when an underdog by 16.5 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in five of Charlotte’s eight games with a set total.
Rice Stats & Insights
- Rice is averaging 371.0 yards per game offensively this season (84th in the FBS), and are allowing 349.6 yards per game (39th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- From an offensive standpoint, Rice ranks 65th in the FBS with 30.0 points per game. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 97th in points allowed (349.6 points allowed per contest).
- Rice is putting up 222.6 passing yards per game offensively this season (85th in the FBS), and is surrendering 196.7 passing yards per game (29th) on defense.
- Rice is averaging 148.4 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 71st in the FBS. The team’s defensive unit ranks 78th, giving up 152.9 rushing yards per contest.
- Offensively, Rice ranks 40th in the FBS with a 44.4% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 61st in third-down conversion rate allowed (152.9).
- With 10 forced turnovers (67th in the FBS) against 16 turnovers committed (120th in the FBS), Rice (-6) has the 100th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Rice’s Best Players
- TJ McMahon has 1,485 pass yards for Rice, completing 59.2% of his passes and recording 13 touchdowns and 10 interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 101 rushing yards (14.4 ypg) on 42 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Cameron Montgomery, has carried the ball 41 times for 298 yards (42.6 per game).
- This season, Ari Broussard has carried the ball 91 times for 251 yards (35.9 per game) and nine touchdowns.
- Luke McCaffrey’s team-high 555 yards as a receiver have come on 43 receptions (out of 65 targets) with five touchdowns.
- Bradley Rozner has put up a 474-yard season so far with five touchdowns, hauling in 22 passes on 39 targets.
- Isaiah Esdale has a total of 239 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing 19 throws.
- Ikenna Enechukwu has 3.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 6.0 TFL and 26 tackles.
- Chris Conti is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s collected 42 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Gabe Taylor has a team-high two interceptions to go along with 29 tackles and two passes defended.
Charlotte Betting Insights
- Charlotte has covered the spread twice in eight opportunities this season.
- Charlotte is a 2-2 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 16.5 points or more this season.
- Five of Charlotte’s eight games with a set total have hit the over (62.5%).
Charlotte Stats & Insights
- Charlotte’s defense has been a bottom-25 unit in total defense this season, ceding 524.1 total yards per game, which ranks worst. Offensively, it ranks 90th with 366.8 total yards per contest.
- Charlotte ranks 98th in points per game (23.8), but it has been less effective defensively, ranking worst in the FBS with 43.3 points surrendered per contest.
- Charlotte’s defense has been bottom-25 in pass defense this season, surrendering 280.9 passing yards per game, which ranks 12th-worst in the FBS. On the offensive side of the ball, it ranks 34th with 274.6 passing yards per contest.
- Charlotte has struggled on both offense and defense in terms of rushing this season, ranking eighth-worst in rushing yards (92.1 per game) and third-worst in rushing yards allowed (243.3 per game).
- Charlotte’s defense has been bottom-25 on third down this season, allowing a 47.4% third-down conversion percentage, which ranks ninth-worst in the FBS. Offensively, it ranks 77th with a 47.4% third-down rate.
- At -8, Charlotte has the 100th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with eight forced turnovers (96th in the FBS) and 16 turnovers committed (120th in the FBS).
Charlotte’s Best Players
- Chris Reynolds has thrown for 1,533 yards (191.6 per game) while completing 63% of his passes and collecting 14 touchdown passes with nine interceptions this season.
- Shadrick Byrd has rushed for 354 yards on 87 carries so far this year while scoring three times on the ground.
- Chavon McEachern has compiled 252 yards on 56 carries with one touchdown.
- Elijah Spencer has totaled 38 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 718 (89.8 yards per game). He’s been targeted 58 times and has four touchdowns.
- Grant Dubose has recorded 501 receiving yards (62.6 yards per game) and seven touchdowns on 42 receptions.
- Victor Tucker has racked up 321 reciving yards (40.1 ypg) and five touchdowns this season.
- Amir Siddiq has racked up 3.0 sacks to pace the team, while also recording 4.0 TFL and 18 tackles.
- Charlotte’s tackle leader, Solomon Rogers, has 23 tackles and 3.0 TFL this year.
- Wayne Jones has a team-leading two interceptions to go along with 15 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and two passes defended.