Table of Contents
Jones AT&T Stadium is the venue where the Texas Tech Red Raiders (4-3) will match up against the Baylor Bears (4-3) on Saturday, October 29, 2022.
The Red Raiders are favored, but by less than a field goal (-2.5), against the Bears. The over/under for this game is 63.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Texas Tech vs. Baylor
- Game Day: Saturday, October 29, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Lubbock, Texas
- Stadium: Jones AT&T Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Texas Tech Betting Insights
- So far this season, Baylor has put together a 4-3-0 record against the spread.
- Baylor is 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or more this season.
- Five of Baylor’s seven games with a set total have hit the over (71.4%).
Texas Tech Stats & Insights
- Texas Tech owns the 46th-ranked defense this season (354.7 yards allowed per game), and has been better offensively, ranking 10th-best with a tally of 500.0 yards per game.
- Texas Tech ranks 26th in scoring offense (36.3 points per game) and 72nd in scoring defense (27.0 points allowed per game) this year.
- Texas Tech sports the 52nd-ranked defense this year in terms of passing yards (218.9 allowed per game), and has been better offensively, ranking third-best with 363.7 passing yards per game.
- Texas Tech ranks 85th in run offense (136.3 rushing yards per game) and 58th in run defense (135.9 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Texas Tech is averaging a 36.2% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 92nd in the FBS. On defense, the defense ranks 31st, allowing a 32.7% third-down percentage.
- Texas Tech has forced 10 total turnovers (67th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 13 times (94th in the FBS) for -3a turnover margin of -3, 100th-ranked in college football.
Texas Tech’s Best Players
- Donovan Smith has racked up 1,506 yards (215.1 ypg) on 147-of-219 passing with 12 touchdowns compared to seven interceptions this season. In addition, he’s added 94 rushing yards (13.4 ypg) on 67 carries while scoring four touchdowns on the ground.
- SaRodorick Thompson has 369 rushing yards on 79 carries with three touchdowns.
- Tahj Brooks has carried the ball 71 times for 324 yards (46.3 per game) and six touchdowns while also racking up 117 yards through the air, scoring one time.
- Xavier White has hauled in 31 receptions for 409 yards (58.4 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone three times as a receiver.
- Jerand Bradley has hauled in 27 passes while averaging 51.3 yards per game and scoring three touchdowns.
- Trey Cleveland has a total of 309 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 21 passes.
- Tyree Wilson leads the team with 5.0 sacks, and also has 5.0 TFL and 35 tackles.
- Krishon Merriweather is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s amassed 44 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks.
- Reggie Pearson Jr. has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 20 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and three passes defended to his name.
Baylor Betting Insights
- Baylor’s ATS record is 4-3-0 this season.
- In games they have played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this season, the Bears are 1-1 against the spread.
- Out of Baylor’s seven games with a set total, five have hit the over (71.4%).
Baylor Stats & Insights
- Baylor ranks 27th with 458.3 total yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 33rd with 341.1 total yards given up per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- Baylor’s offense has been consistently moving the chains, posting 37.4 points per contest (20th-best) this season. On defense, it ranks 53rd by giving up 24.1 points per game.
- Baylor is compiling 261.0 passing yards per game on offense this season (49th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing 233.0 passing yards per contest (77th-ranked) on defense.
- Baylor has been excelling on run defense, surrendering only 108.1 rushing yards per game (18th-best). Offensively, it ranks 28th in the FBS by piling up 197.3 rushing yards per game.
- Baylor ranks 35th in the FBS with a 45.1% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and 77th with a 39.4% third-down percentage allowed on the defensive side of the ball.
- With eight forced turnovers (96th in the FBS) and 11 turnovers committed (75th in the FBS) this season, Baylor ranks 100th in the FBS with a turnover margin of -3.
Baylor’s Best Players
- Blake Shapen has put up 1,608 passing yards, or 229.7 per game, so far this season. He has completed 68.1% of his passes and has collected 12 touchdowns with five interceptions.
- Richard Reese is his team’s leading rusher with 116 carries for 643 yards, or 91.9 per game. He’s found the end zone nine times on the ground, as well.
- Qualan Jones has run for 277 yards across 48 attempts, scoring four touchdowns.
- Gavin Holmes paces his team with 397 receiving yards on 18 catches with three touchdowns.
- Monaray Baldwin has caught 16 passes and compiled 332 receiving yards (47.4 per game) with four touchdowns.
- Hal Presley’s 18 receptions (on 26 targets) have netted him 230 yards (32.9 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Bryson Jackson leads the team with 2.0 sacks, and also has 3.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- Dillon Doyle is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s picked up 28 tackles and one interception.
- Christian Morgan has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 12 tackles and two passes defended to his name.