Table of Contents
On Thursday at 7:30 PM ET, the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (7-1) will host the Appalachian State Mountaineers (5-3).
The Mountaineers are the favorites (-3) in their matchup against the Chanticleers, with the over/under being 61.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Mountaineers are -141 and the Chanticleers are +117.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Appalachian State vs. Coastal Carolina
- Game Day: Thursday, November 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Conway, South Carolina
- Stadium: Brooks Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Appalachian State Betting Insights
- Coastal Carolina is 3-5-0 ATS this season.
- Coastal Carolina has hit the over in four of their eight games with a set total (50%).
Appalachian State Stats & Insights
- Appalachian State has been a tough matchup for opposing teams, ranking top-25 in both total offense (24th-best with 459.0 yards per game) and total defense (20th-best with 311.8 yards allowed per game) this year.
- Appalachian State sports the 53rd-ranked defense this season (24.1 points allowed per game), and has been better on offense, ranking 20th-best with 36.9 points per game.
- Appalachian State ranks 57th in passing yards this season (250.6 per game), but has been playing really well on defense, ranking 15th-best in the FBS with 178.8 passing yards allowed per game.
- Appalachian State ranks 52nd in run defense this season (133.0 rushing yards allowed per game), but has been thriving on offense, ranking 20th-best in the FBS with 208.4 rushing yards per game.
- Offensively, Appalachian State ranks 55th in the FBS with a 41.2% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 72nd in third-down percentage allowed (133.0).
- Appalachian State has the 14th-best turnover margin in college football at +7, forcing 14 turnovers (26th in the FBS) while turning it over seven times (12th in the FBS).
Appalachian State’s Best Players
- Chase Brice has 1,915 passing yards for Appalachian State, completing 64.3% of his passes and throwing 22 touchdowns and four interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Camerun Peoples, has carried the ball 86 times for 557 yards (69.6 per game), scoring five times.
- Nate Noel has carried the ball 45 times for 305 yards (38.1 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Christan Horn’s 434 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted 38 times and has collected 22 catches and four touchdowns.
- DaShaun Davis has hauled in 30 receptions totaling 351 yards, finding the end zone three times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Dalton Stroman’s 13 grabs have yielded 228 yards and three touchdowns.
- Nick Hampton leads the team with 7.0 sacks, and also has 6.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
- Nicholas Ross is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s amassed 37 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception.
- Dexter Lawson Jr. has a team-high three interceptions to go along with 10 tackles and four passes defended.
Coastal Carolina Betting Insights
- Coastal Carolina’s ATS record is 3-5-0 this season.
- Four of Coastal Carolina’s eight games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
Coastal Carolina Stats & Insights
- From an offensive angle, Coastal Carolina is accumulating 434.8 total yards per contest (35th-ranked). It ranks 98th in the FBS defensively (412.9 total yards surrendered per game).
- From an offensive standpoint, Coastal Carolina is accumulating 31.9 points per contest (50th-ranked). It ranks 73rd in the FBS on defense (27.3 points given up per game).
- Coastal Carolina ranks 45th in passing yards per game (262.6), but it has been less effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 16th-worst in the FBS with 272.9 passing yards allowed per contest.
- Coastal Carolina ranks 47th in the FBS with 172.1 rushing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 63rd with 140.0 rushing yards given up per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, Coastal Carolina ranks 34th in the FBS (45.2% third-down conversion rate) and 86th on the other side of the ball (41.3% third-down rate allowed).
- Coastal Carolina has compiled 19 forced turnovers this season and have turned it over nine times, leading to a +10 turnover margin, which ranks fifth-best in the FBS.
Coastal Carolina’s Best Players
- Grayson McCall has racked up 2,061 yards on 68.8% passing while tossing 19 touchdown passes with one interception this season. He’s also run for 158 yards with four scores.
- CJ Beasley has run for 557 yards on 105 carries so far this year while scoring four times on the ground. He’s also tacked on 16 catches, totaling 158 yards and one touchdown in the passing game.
- Reese White has racked up 334 yards on 52 carries with one touchdown.
- Sam Pinckney has totaled 45 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 628 (78.5 yards per game). He’s been targeted 67 times and has one touchdown.
- Jared Brown has collected 622 receiving yards (77.8 yards per game) and five touchdowns on 34 receptions.
- Tyson Mobley’s 21 grabs (on 29 targets) have netted him 252 yards (31.5 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- JT Killen leads the team with 2.5 sacks. He’s also the team’s tackle leader, and has amassed 2.0 TFL and 22 tackles.
- Lance Boykin leads the team with two interceptions, while also collecting eight tackles, one sack, and two passes defended.