At 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, the NC State Wolf Pack (6-2) are at home against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (6-2).
The Demon Deacons are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-4.5), against the Wolf Pack. The over/under for this game is 54 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Wake Forest vs. NC State
- Game Day: Saturday, November 5, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ACC Network
- Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Stadium: Wayne Day Family Field at Carter-Finley Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Wake Forest Betting Insights
- NC State is 2-6-0 against the spread this year.
- NC State has not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 4.5 points or more this year (0-1).
- NC State has gone over in four of their eight games with a set total (50%).
Wake Forest Stats & Insights
- Wake Forest is putting up 434.6 yards per game on offense (36th in the FBS), and rank 71st defensively, yielding 379.1 yards allowed per game.
- Wake Forest owns the 70th-ranked defense this year (27.0 points allowed per game), and has been more effective on offense, ranking 13th-best with 38.9 points per game.
- Wake Forest has the 71st-ranked defense this season in terms of passing yards (233.5 allowed per game), and has been more effective offensively, ranking 17th-best with 297.5 passing yards per game.
- Offensively, Wake Forest ranks 83rd in the FBS with 137.1 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defensive unit ranks 69th in rushing yards allowed per contest (145.6).
- Wake Forest is averaging a 45.9% third-down conversion rate on offense (30th in the FBS), and ranks 66th on defense with a 37.8% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- Wake Forest ranks 100th in college football with an even turnover margin after forcing 13 turnovers (42nd in the FBS) and committing 13 (80th in the FBS).
Wake Forest’s Best Players
- Sam Hartman has compiled 2,026 yards (253.3 ypg) on 144-of-228 passing with 22 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Justice Ellison, has carried the ball 98 times for 454 yards (56.8 per game), scoring four times.
- This season, Christian Turner has carried the ball 85 times for 353 yards (44.1 per game) and five touchdowns.
- A.T. Perry’s team-high 552 yards as a receiver have come on 35 catches (out of 59 targets) with five touchdowns.
- Donavon Greene has caught 26 passes for 435 yards (54.4 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Jahmal Banks has been the target of 40 passes and racked up 29 grabs for 408 yards, an average of 51.0 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone eight times through the air this season.
- Rondell Bothroyd leads the team with 4.5 sacks, and also has 2.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Wake Forest’s leading tackler, Ryan Smenda Jr., has 28 tackles and 4.0 TFL this year.
- Dylan Hazen leads the team with one interception, while also putting up 14 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one pass defended.
NC State Betting Insights
- NC State is 2-6-0 against the spread this year.
- NC State is winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- The teams have hit the over in four of NC State’s eight games with a set total.
NC State Stats & Insights
- NC State has been thriving on defense, allowing just 308.6 total yards per contest (17th-best). Offensively, it ranks 97th by piling up 355.1 total yards per game.
- NC State’s defensive unit has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks 12th-best in the FBS with 17.4 points surrendered per game. In terms of offense, it is posting 26.8 points per game, which ranks 81st.
- With 230.0 passing yards per game on offense, NC State ranks 77th in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 29th, surrendering 195.3 passing yards per game.
- NC State has been dominant on run defense, surrendering just 113.4 rushing yards per game (23rd-best). Offensively, it ranks 101st in the FBS by accumulating 125.1 rushing yards per game.
- NC State’s third-down defense has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks 11th-best in the FBS with a 29.4% third-down conversion rate allowed. In terms of offense, it is putting up a 39.5% third-down rate, which ranks 66th.
- With 13 forced turnovers (42nd in the FBS) and eight turnovers committed (20th in the FBS) this season, NC State ranks 27th in the FBS with a turnover margin of +5.
NC State’s Best Players
- Devin Leary leads NC State with 1,265 yards on 118-of-193 passing with 11 touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Jordan Houston, has carried the ball 85 times for 335 yards (41.9 per game) this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 187 receiving yards (23.4 per game) on 17 catches with one receiving touchdown.
- Demie Sumo has piled up 299 yards (on 52 attempts) with three touchdowns, while also catching 12 passes for 148 yards and one touchdown.
- Thayer Thomas’ 437 receiving yards (54.6 yards per game) lead the team. He has 37 receptions on 55 targets with four touchdowns.
- Devin Carter has put together a 256-yard season so far with one touchdown. He’s caught 18 passes on 36 targets.
- Davin Vann paces the team with 2.5 sacks, and also has 3.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- NC State’s top-tackler, Drake Thomas, has 44 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one sack this year.
- Aydan White has a team-leading three interceptions to go along with 15 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and four passes defended.