Table of Contents
Ali Jennings will lead the Old Dominion Monarchs (3-6) into their matchup versus the James Madison Dukes (5-2) at Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium on Saturday at 1:00 PM ET.
The Dukes are solid favorites (-8) in their game against the Monarchs, with the over/under at 46.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Dukes are -312 and the Monarchs are +242.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for James Madison vs. Old Dominion
- Game Day: Saturday, November 12, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Norfolk, Virginia
- Stadium: Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
James Madison Betting Insights
- Old Dominion has a 3-6-0 record against the spread this year.
- When it has played as at least 8-point underdogs this year, Old Dominion is 2-1 against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in three of Old Dominion’s nine games with a set total.
James Madison Stats & Insights
- James Madison has been making things happen on both sides of the ball this season, ranking 18th-best in total offense (480.9 yards per game) and 12th-best in total defense (294.9 yards allowed per game).
- James Madison has been a tough matchup for opposing teams, as they rank top-25 in both scoring offense (12th-best with 38.7 points per game) and scoring defense (25th-best with 20.9 points allowed per game) this season.
- On offense, James Madison has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking 24th-best in the FBS by putting up 285.9 per game. The Dukes rank 85th on defense (239.3 passing yards allowed per game).
- James Madison ranks 27th in rushing yards this season (195.0 rushing yards per game), but has been shining on the defensive side of the ball, ranking best in the FBS with 55.6 rushing yards allowed per game.
- James Madison has the 95th-ranked offense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (36.4% conversion rate), and has been more effective on defense, ranking fourth-best with a 26.3% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- James Madison has forced 14 total turnovers (40th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 14 times (84th in the FBS) for an even turnover margin, 100th-ranked in college football.
James Madison’s Best Players
- Todd Centeio leads James Madison with 1,827 yards (228.4 ypg) on 124-of-203 passing with 17 touchdowns and four interceptions this season. He also has 317 rushing yards on 66 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- Percy Agyei-Obese has racked up 658 yards on 116 carries while finding the end zone five times.
- Kris Thornton’s leads his squad with 724 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 44 receptions (out of 74 targets) and scored five touchdowns.
- Reggie Brown has put up a 346-yard season so far with three touchdowns, hauling in 22 passes on 40 targets.
- Terrance Greene Jr. has a total of 270 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 14 passes and scoring two touchdowns.
- Isaac Ukwu has racked up 6.0 sacks to pace the team, while also picking up 6.0 TFL and 20 tackles.
- Taurus Jones, James Madison’s tackle leader, has 46 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception this year.
- Jordan Swann leads the team with two interceptions, while also putting up 13 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended.
Old Dominion Betting Insights
- So far this year, Old Dominion has compiled a 3-6-0 record against the spread.
- Old Dominion is 2-1 against the spread when an underdog by 8 points or more this year.
- Old Dominion games have gone over the point total in three out of nine opportunities (33.3%).
Old Dominion Stats & Insights
- Old Dominion’s defense has been bottom-25 in total defense this season, allowing 436.4 total yards per game, which ranks 18th-worst. On offense, it ranks 102nd with 342.4 total yards per contest.
- Old Dominion ranks 24th-worst in points per game (21.9), but it has been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 64th in the FBS with 25.3 points allowed per contest.
- From an offensive angle, Old Dominion is posting 248.3 passing yards per game (55th-ranked). It ranks 82nd in the FBS defensively (238.0 passing yards surrendered per game).
- Old Dominion has plenty of room to get better in the running game, as it ranks ninth-worst in rushing yards per game (94.1) and 17th-worst in rushing yards surrendered per game (198.4).
- Old Dominion’s third-down offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, registering a 24.8% third-down rate, which ranks third-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 81st with a 40.7% third-down rate allowed.
- After forcing 16 turnovers (25th in the FBS) and turning the ball over 13 times (67th in the FBS) this season, Old Dominion sports the 45th-ranked turnover margin of +3.
Old Dominion’s Best Players
- Hayden Wolff has compiled 2,214 yards (246.0 per game) while completing 56.8% of his passes and collecting 14 touchdown passes with four interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Blake Watson, has carried the ball 118 times for 696 yards (77.3 per game) with five touchdowns.
- Keshawn Wicks has piled up 109 yards (on 28 carries) with one touchdown.
- Jennings paces his team with 959 receiving yards on 54 receptions with nine touchdowns.
- Javon Harvey has 24 receptions (on 35 targets) for a total of 386 yards (42.9 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Jordan Bly has racked up 226 reciving yards (25.1 ypg) this season.
- Ryan Henry has 4.0 sacks to pace the team, and also has 4.0 TFL, 26 tackles, and one interception.
- Jason Henderson is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s racked up 84 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks.
- Tre Hawkins III has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 33 tackles and two passes defended to his name.