The UConn Huskies (5-5) will host the Liberty Flames (8-1) on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET.
The Huskies are expected to lose by at least two touchdowns (currently +14) against the Flames (with an over/under of 46.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Liberty vs. UConn
- Game Day: Saturday, November 12, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: East Hartford, Connecticut
- Stadium: Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Liberty Betting Insights
- UConn is 8-2-0 ATS this year.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 14 points or more, the Huskies have a 3-2 record against the spread.
- Out of UConn’s 10 games with a set total, two have hit the over (20%).
Liberty Stats & Insights
- Liberty is totaling 409.7 yards per game offensively this year (56th in the FBS), and are giving up 341.8 yards per game (31st) on defense.
- Liberty is averaging 30.0 points per game on offense (58th in the FBS), and ranks 30th on defense with 21.2 points allowed per game.
- Liberty is compiling 225.9 passing yards per game on offense (80th in the FBS), and ranks 50th defensively with 215.8 passing yards allowed per game.
- Liberty is compiling 183.8 rushing yards per game on offense (42nd in the FBS), and ranks 38th defensively with 126.0 rushing yards allowed per game.
- On the defensive side of the ball, Liberty has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 12th-best by allowing a 29.5% third-down conversion rate. The team’s offense ranks 93rd (36.5% third-down percentage).
- Liberty has forced 20 total turnovers (seventh in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 19 times (121st in the FBS) for +1a turnover margin of +1, 62nd-ranked in college football.
Liberty’s Best Players
- Johnathan Bennett has compiled 1,163 yards (129.2 ypg) on 92-of-159 passing with 11 touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season. In addition, he’s added 129 rushing yards (14.3 ypg) on 56 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Dae Dae Hunter has carried the ball 129 times for a team-high 850 yards on the ground and has found the end zone eight times as a runner. He’s also tacked on 17 catches for 147 yards (16.3 per game) and one touchdown via the passing game.
- Shedro Louis has been handed the ball 94 times this year and racked up 390 yards (43.3 per game) with seven touchdowns.
- Demario Douglas has hauled in 49 receptions for 760 yards (84.4 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone six times as a receiver.
- Noah Frith has caught 16 passes for 321 yards (35.7 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- CJ Yarbrough has a total of 197 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 12 throws and scoring one touchdown.
- Durrell Johnson has racked up 7.0 sacks to pace the team, while also recording 9.0 TFL, 27 tackles, and one interception.
- Ahmad Walker, Liberty’s leading tackler, has 35 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and three sacks this year.
- Robert Rahimi leads the team with five interceptions, while also putting up 27 tackles and five passes defended.
UConn Betting Insights
- UConn has an 8-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- UConn is a 3-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 14 points or more this season.
- UConn hase gone over in two of 10 games with a set total (20%).
UConn Stats & Insights
- UConn ranks seventh-worst in total yards per game (293.4), but it has been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 77th in the FBS with 384.4 total yards surrendered per contest.
- UConn’s offense has been bottom-25 this season, putting up 18.5 points per game, which ranks 11th-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 56th with 24.6 points ceded per contest.
- UConn ranks fifth-worst in passing yards per game (105.8), but it has been more productive defensively, ranking 91st in the FBS with 243.5 passing yards ceded per contest.
- With 187.6 rushing yards per game on offense, UConn ranks 37th in the FBS. On defense it ranks 61st, allowing 140.9 rushing yards per game.
- UConn ranks 82nd in the FBS with a 37.8% third-down conversion rate on offense, and 97th with a 42.0% third-down percentage allowed on defense.
- UConn sports a +5 turnover margin this season, which ranks 30th in the FBS.
UConn’s Best Players
- Zion Turner has 1,023 passing yards, or 102.3 per game, so far this season. He has completed 59.7% of his passes and has tossed eight touchdowns with four interceptions. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 18.1 rushing yards per game.
- DeVontae Houston has rushed for 434 yards on 59 carries so far this year while scoring three times on the ground.
- Nathan Carter has racked up 65 carries and totaled 405 yards with one touchdown.
- Aaron Turner’s 354 receiving yards (35.4 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 37 receptions on 48 targets with three touchdowns.
- Justin Joly has 15 receptions (on 19 targets) for a total of 225 yards (22.5 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Kevens Clercius’ 19 catches (on 35 targets) have netted him 225 yards (22.5 ypg).
- Eric Watts leads the team with 4.5 sacks, and also has 4.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Jackson Mitchell is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s amassed 68 tackles, 5.0 TFL, four sacks, and one interception.
- Tre Wortham has picked off a team-leading four passes. He also has 19 tackles and six passes defended to his name.