Michael Mayer will lead the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (5-3) into their battle versus the Navy Midshipmen (3-6) at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET.
The Fighting Irish are expected to come out on top by at least two touchdowns (currently -17) against the Midshipmen. The over/under for this game is 42.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Notre Dame vs. Navy
- Game Day: Saturday, November 12, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Annapolis, Maryland
- Stadium: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Notre Dame Betting Insights
- Navy has gone 5-4-0 ATS this year.
- Navy is 1-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 17-point underdogs.
- Navy games have gone over the point total in five out of nine opportunities (55.6%).
Notre Dame Stats & Insights
- Notre Dame is totaling 383.0 yards per game on offense, which ranks 79th in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, the Fighting Irish rank 28th, giving up 333.5 yards per contest.
- Notre Dame is totaling 28.4 points per game offensively this year (70th in the FBS), and is giving up 22.1 points per game (39th) on the other side of the ball.
- Notre Dame is averaging 196.4 passing yards per game on offense (105th in the FBS), and ranks 39th on defense with 204.9 passing yards allowed per game.
- Notre Dame ranks 39th in run offense (186.6 rushing yards per game) and 44th in run defense (128.6 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Notre Dame is putting up a 42.0% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 49th in the FBS. On the other side of the ball, the defense ranks 33rd, giving up a 33.7% third-down conversion rate.
- Notre Dame ranks 100th in college football with a -6 turnover margin after forcing 5 turnovers (130th in the FBS) and committing 11 (47th in the FBS).
Notre Dame’s Best Players
- Drew Pyne has 1,278 pass yards for Notre Dame, completing 61% of his passes and throwing 14 touchdowns and four interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 128 rushing yards (14.2 ypg) on 33 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Audric Estime has racked up 662 yards on 117 carries while finding paydirt nine times as a runner.
- Logan Diggs has piled up 545 yards on 112 attempts, scoring one time.
- Mayer’s leads his squad with 624 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 51 catches (out of 81 targets) and scored seven touchdowns.
- Lorenzo Styles Jr. has hauled in 24 receptions totaling 292 yards, finding the end zone one time as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Jayden Thomas has a total of 172 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 13 throws and scoring two touchdowns.
- Isaiah Foskey has collected 8.0 sacks to lead the team, while also picking up 7.0 TFL and 33 tackles.
- JD Bertrand, Notre Dame’s top tackler, has 55 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two sacks this year.
- Benjamin Morrison has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 20 tackles and two passes defended to his name.
Navy Betting Insights
- So far this year, Navy has compiled a 5-4-0 record against the spread.
- Navy is 1-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least 17-point underdogs.
- In Navy’s nine games with a set total, five have hit the over (55.6%).
Navy Stats & Insights
- Navy has been struggling offensively, ranking 25th-worst with 336.6 total yards per game. It has been better defensively, allowing 363.0 total yards per contest (52nd-ranked).
- Navy has been sputtering on offense, ranking 24th-worst in the FBS with 21.9 points per game. It has been more effective on the other side of the ball, giving up 24.8 points per contest (59th-ranked).
- Navy has plenty of room to improve in the passing game, as it ranks fourth-worst in passing yards per game (99.7) this season and 18th-worst in passing yards allowed per game (275.0).
- In terms of rushing, Navy has excelled on both offense and defense this season, ranking eighth-best in rushing yards per game (236.9) and seventh-best in rushing yards allowed per game (88.0).
- From an offensive perspective, Navy is generating a 42.4% third-down conversion rate (46th-ranked). It ranks 60th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (37.5% third-down rate allowed).
- Navy has recorded 15 forced turnovers (32nd in the FBS) and committed 13 turnovers (67th in the FBS) this season for a +2 turnover margin that ranks 53rd in the FBS.
Navy’s Best Players
- Tai Lavatai leads Navy with 787 yards on 42-of-91 passing with five touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 309 rushing yards (34.3 ypg) on 115 carries while scoring five touchdowns on the ground.
- Dabe Fofana is his team’s leading rusher with 140 carries for 502 yards, or 55.8 per game. He’s found paydirt five times on the ground, as well.
- Maquel Haywood has compiled 406 yards on 63 carries.
- Jayden Umbarger has totaled 16 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 265 (29.4 yards per game). He’s been targeted 25 times and has two touchdowns.
- Vincent Terrell II has caught eight passes and compiled 206 receiving yards (22.9 per game) with two touchdowns.
- Mark Walker’s 10 grabs (on 19 targets) have netted him 175 yards (19.4 ypg).
- Jacob Busic paces the team with 6.0 sacks, and also has 3.0 TFL and 20 tackles.
- John Marshall is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s amassed 43 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and four sacks.
- Elias Larry leads the team with two interceptions, while also putting up 12 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended.