Table of Contents
On Saturday at 3:30 PM ET, the Penn State Nittany Lions (7-2) will host the Maryland Terrapins (6-3).
The Nittany Lions are double-digit favorites (currently -10) in their matchup against the Terrapins, with the over/under at 59.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Nittany Lions are -403 and the Terrapins are +303.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Penn State vs. Maryland
- Game Day: Saturday, November 12, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: University Park, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Beaver Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Penn State Betting Insights
- Maryland has a 4-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- Maryland is a perfect 1-0 against the spread when an underdog by 10 points or more this year.
- Four of Maryland’s nine games with a set total have hit the over (44.4%).
Penn State Stats & Insights
- On offense, Penn State ranks 33rd in the FBS with 436.7 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 50th in total defense (362.1 yards allowed per contest).
- Penn State is averaging 34.4 points per game offensively this year (31st in the FBS), and is surrendering 21.1 points per game (27th) on the other side of the ball.
- From an offensive standpoint, Penn State ranks 40th in the FBS with 265.7 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 72nd in passing yards allowed per contest (234.0).
- Penn State ranks 53rd in run offense (171.0 rushing yards per game) and 43rd in run defense (128.1 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Penn State is posting a 36.7% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 92nd in the FBS. On the other side of the ball, the defense ranks 29th, surrendering a 33.1% third-down conversion rate.
- With 17 forced turnovers (18th in the FBS) against 12 turnovers committed (56th in the FBS), Penn State (+5) has the 30th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Penn State’s Best Players
- Sean Clifford has 2,045 passing yards for Penn State, completing 63% of his passes and collecting 16 touchdowns and seven interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 138 rushing yards (15.3 ypg) on 44 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Nicholas Singleton has carried the ball 111 times for a team-high 670 yards on the ground and has found the end zone eight times.
- Kaytron Allen has carried the ball 108 times for 558 yards (62.0 per game) and eight touchdowns while also racking up 137 yards through the air, scoring one time.
- Parker Washington’s leads his squad with 597 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 45 receptions (out of 59 targets) and scored two touchdowns.
- Mitchell Tinsley has caught 38 passes for 427 yards (47.4 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- Brenton Strange has compiled 23 receptions for 287 yards, an average of 31.9 yards per game. He’s scored four times as a receiver this season.
- Dani Dennis-Sutton has racked up 3.0 sacks to pace the team, while also picking up 3.0 TFL, 14 tackles, and one interception.
- Ji’Ayir Brown has 49 tackles, 3.0 TFL, two sacks, and three interceptions, and leads the team in both tackles and interceptions.
Maryland Betting Insights
- Maryland has a 4-5-0 record against the spread this year.
- Maryland is 1-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least 10-point underdogs.
- The teams have hit the over in four of Maryland’s nine games with a set total.
Maryland Stats & Insights
- In terms of total offense, Maryland ranks 42nd in the FBS (425.4 total yards per game) and 67th on defense (377.4 total yards allowed per game).
- Maryland is putting up 31.4 points per contest on offense this season (48th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up 24.0 points per contest (50th-ranked) on defense.
- Maryland ranks 47th in the FBS with 260.7 passing yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 86th with 239.7 passing yards surrendered per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- From an offensive standpoint, Maryland is putting up 164.8 rushing yards per game (58th-ranked). It ranks 58th in the FBS defensively (137.8 rushing yards surrendered per game).
- Maryland ranks 38th in the FBS with a 43.5% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and 103rd with a 42.3% third-down percentage allowed on defense.
- At +3, Maryland sports the 45th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with 12 forced turnovers (70th in the FBS) and nine turnovers committed (23rd in the FBS).
Maryland’s Best Players
- Taulia Tagovailoa leads Maryland with 2,078 yards on 181-of-259 passing with 14 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 96 rushing yards (10.7 ypg) on 51 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- Roman Hemby has carried the ball 121 times for 747 yards, with seven touchdowns. He’s also tacked on 26 catches for 239 yards and one touchdown.
- Antwain Littleton has been given 53 carries and totaled 317 yards with six touchdowns.
- Rakim Jarrett’s 376 receiving yards (41.8 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 34 catches on 56 targets with three touchdowns.
- Corey Dyches has recorded 376 receiving yards (41.8 yards per game) and three touchdowns on 27 receptions.
- Jacob Copeland’s 30 targets have resulted in 21 catches for 324 yards and two touchdowns.
- Greg Rose has 4.0 sacks to pace the team, and also has 4.0 TFL and 15 tackles.
- Beau Brade has been all over the field, leading the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has 52 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two interceptions so far.