Table of Contents
Star running back Braelon Allen and the Wisconsin Badgers (5-4) play the Iowa Hawkeyes (5-4) on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET at Kinnick Stadium.
The Badgers are favored, but by less than a field goal (-1.5), versus the Hawkeyes. The over/under for this game is 34.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Wisconsin vs. Iowa
- Game Day: Saturday, November 12, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Iowa City, Iowa
- Stadium: Kinnick Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Wisconsin Betting Insights
- Iowa is 5-4-0 ATS this year.
- Iowa is a 2-2 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in three of Iowa’s nine games with a set total.
Wisconsin Stats & Insights
- Wisconsin ranks 74th in total offense this year (386.0 yards per game), but has been thriving on defense, ranking 23rd-best in the FBS with 386.0 yards allowed per game.
- On the defensive side of the ball, Wisconsin has been a top-25 unit, ranking 23rd-best by surrendering just 20.6 points per game. The offense ranks 53rd (30.8 points per game).
- On offense, Wisconsin ranks 101st in the FBS with 202.7 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 43rd in passing yards allowed per contest (212.0).
- Wisconsin ranks 43rd in rushing yards this year (183.3 rushing yards per game), but has been shining on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 24th-best in the FBS with 113.8 rushing yards allowed per game.
- On defense, Wisconsin has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 24th-best by surrendering a 32.0% third-down percentage. The team’s offense ranks 43rd (42.6% third-down conversion rate).
- With 17 forced turnovers (18th in the FBS) against 11 turnovers committed (47th in the FBS), Wisconsin’s +6 turnover margin is the 22nd-best in college football.
Wisconsin’s Best Players
- Graham Mertz has racked up 1,707 yards (189.7 ypg) on 124-of-207 passing with 17 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Allen, has carried the ball 172 times for 989 yards (109.9 per game), scoring 10 times.
- This season, Isaac Guerendo has carried the ball 42 times for 280 yards (31.1 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Chimere Dike’s team-high 555 yards as a receiver have come on 35 receptions (out of 52 targets) with six touchdowns.
- Skyler Bell has reeled in 22 passes while averaging 40.8 yards per game and scoring four touchdowns.
- Keontez Lewis’ nine grabs have yielded 149 yards and two touchdowns.
- Nick Herbig paces the team with 8.0 sacks, and also has 11.0 TFL and 34 tackles.
- Maema Njongmeta, Wisconsin’s top tackler, has 58 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception this year.
- John Torchio leads the team with five interceptions, while also recording 42 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and five passes defended.
Iowa Betting Insights
- Iowa is 5-4-0 against the spread this year.
- Iowa is a 2-2 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 1.5 points or more this year.
- Iowa games have gone over the point total in three out of nine opportunities (33.3%).
Iowa Stats & Insights
- While Iowa’s offense has been stuck in neutral, ranking fourth-worst with 262.2 total yards per game, its defense ranks fourth-best with only 264.4 total yards allowed per contest.
- On offense, Iowa is bottom-25, generating just 17.2 points per game (seventh-worst). On the bright side, it is excelling on the defensive side of the ball, ceding just 14.3 points per contest (fifth-best).
- Iowa ranks 12th-worst in passing yards per game on offense (159.2), but at least it has been dominating on the defensive side of the ball, ranking ninth-best in passing yards surrendered per contest (171.7).
- Iowa ranks 13th-worst in rushing yards per game on offense (103.0), but at least it has been shutting down opposing offenses on the other side of the ball, ranking ninth-best in rushing yards allowed per contest (92.8).
- While Iowa’s third-down offense has been stuck in neutral, ranking eighth-worst with a 28.6% third-down conversion percentage, its defense ranks 16th-best with a 30.6% third-down rate allowed.
- After forcing 15 turnovers (32nd in the FBS) and turning the ball over 12 times (56th in the FBS) this season, Iowa has the 45th-ranked turnover margin of +3.
Iowa’s Best Players
- Spencer Petras leads Iowa with 1,401 yards on 127-of-228 passing with five touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season.
- Kaleb Johnson has run the ball 97 times for 548 yards, with four touchdowns.
- Leshon Williams has racked up 85 carries and totaled 312 yards with two touchdowns.
- Sam LaPorta has registered 44 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 457 (50.8 yards per game). He’s been targeted 72 times and has one touchdown.
- Nico Ragaini has 21 receptions (on 36 targets) for a total of 281 yards (31.2 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Luke Lachey has racked up 191 reciving yards (21.2 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- Joe Evans has 5.0 sacks to lead the team, and also has 4.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- Iowa’s top-tackler, Jack Campbell, has 54 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one interception this year.
- Kaevon Merriweather leads the team with three interceptions, while also putting up 25 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended.