Table of Contents
On Saturday at 3:30 PM ET, the Akron Zips (1-9) will visit the Buffalo Bulls (5-5).
The Bulls are expected to come out on top by at least two TDs (currently -14) versus the Zips. The over/under for this game is 48 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Buffalo vs. Akron
- Game Day: Saturday, November 19, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: Buffalo, New York
- Stadium: UB Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Buffalo Betting Insights
- So far this season, Akron has put together a 4-5-1 record against the spread.
- Akron is 2-2 against the spread when an underdog by 14 points or more this season.
- Four of Akron’s 10 games with a set total have hit the over (40%).
Buffalo Stats & Insights
- Buffalo is averaging 388.0 yards per game on offense, which ranks 69th in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, the Bulls rank 94th, allowing 402.5 yards per contest.
- Buffalo is totaling 29.8 points per game on offense (58th in the FBS), and ranks 77th defensively with 27.4 points allowed per game.
- Buffalo ranks 61st in pass offense (236.5 passing yards per game) and 55th in pass defense (219.0 passing yards allowed per game) this year.
- Buffalo owns the 68th-ranked rushing offense this year (151.5 rushing yards per game), and has been less effective on defense, ranking 24th-worst with 183.5 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Buffalo is posting a 39.6% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 63rd in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, the defense ranks 32nd, allowing a 33.9% third-down percentage.
- With 20 forced turnovers (12th in the FBS) against 14 turnovers committed (61st in the FBS), Buffalo’s +6+6 turnover margin ranks 26th in college football.
Buffalo’s Best Players
- Cole Snyder has thrown for 2,336 yards (233.6 ypg) to lead Buffalo, completing 59% of his passes and collecting 14 touchdown passes compared to seven interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 151 rushing yards on 93 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Ron Cook Jr. has racked up 600 yards on 139 carries while finding the end zone four times as a runner. He’s also caught 16 passes for 207 yards (20.7 per game).
- Mike Washington has carried the ball 120 times for 547 yards (54.7 per game) and seven touchdowns.
- Justin Marshall’s 614 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 72 times and has registered 45 catches and six touchdowns.
- Quian Williams has hauled in 50 receptions totaling 550 yards, finding the end zone four times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Jamari Gassett has hauled in 27 receptions for 348 yards, an average of 34.8 yards per game. He’s scored two times as a receiver this season.
- Ibrahim Kante has 3.0 sacks to pace the team, and also has 3.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Shaun Dolac, Buffalo’s leading tackler, has 67 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one sack this year.
- Marcus Fuqua has picked off a team-leading five passes. He also has 28 tackles and six passes defended to his name.
Akron Betting Insights
- Akron is 4-5-1 against the spread this year.
- In games it has played as at least 14-point underdogs this season, Akron is 2-2 against the spread.
- The teams have hit the over in four of Akron’s 10 games with a set total.
Akron Stats & Insights
- Akron ranks 85th in total yards per game (363.9), but it has been less effective defensively, ranking 24th-worst in the FBS with 430.5 total yards allowed per contest.
- Akron has plenty of room to get better, as it ranks 14th-worst in points per game (19.5) this season and seventh-worst in points surrendered per game (36.7).
- Akron’s pass offense has been dominant, racking up 281.7 passing yards per game (22nd-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 93rd by giving up 247.2 passing yards per game.
- Akron has been unproductive on both sides of the ball in terms of rushing this season, ranking third-worst in rushing yards (82.2 per game) and 25th-worst in rushing yards allowed (183.3 per game).
- Akron’s offense has not been getting things done on third down, ranking 24th-worst in the FBS with a 34.2% third-down conversion percentage. It has been more effective on defense, allowing a 39.2% third-down rate (72nd-ranked).
- Akron has recorded eight forced turnovers (124th in the FBS) and committed 20 turnovers (119th in the FBS) this season for a -12 turnover margin that ranks 100th in the FBS.
Akron’s Best Players
- DJ Iron has been a dual threat for Akron this season. He has 2,592 passing yards (259.2 per game) while completing 66.9% of his passes. He’s tossed 10 touchdown passes and seven interceptions this season. On the ground, he’s compiled 312 yards (31.2 ypg) on 133 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Cam Wiley has run for 359 yards on 82 carries so far this year while scoring five times on the ground.
- Shocky Jacques-Louis has hauled in 780 receiving yards on 65 receptions to pace his team so far this season while scoring two touchdowns as a receiver.
- Alex Adams has 49 receptions (on 70 targets) for a total of 687 yards (68.7 yards per game) and six touchdowns this year.
- Daniel George’s 53 receptions (on 89 targets) have netted him 592 yards (59.2 ypg).
- Zach Morton has 2.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has 3.0 TFL, 15 tackles, and one interception.
- Akron’s tackle leader, Bubba Arslanian, has 74 tackles, 5.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception this year.
- Jalen Hooks leads the team with one interception, while also putting up 12 tackles and one pass defended.