Table of Contents
Star wide receiver Xavier Hutchinson and the Iowa State Cyclones (4-6) meet the Texas Tech Red Raiders (5-5) on Saturday at 7:00 PM ET, at Jack Trice Stadium.
The Red Raiders are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3.5), versus the Cyclones (with an over/under of 47.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Iowa State vs. Texas Tech
- Game Day: Saturday, November 19, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Ames, Iowa
- Stadium: Jack Trice Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Iowa State Betting Insights
- Texas Tech is 5-5-0 ATS this year.
- Texas Tech is a 2-3 record against the spread when an underdog by 3.5 points or more this year.
- Texas Tech games have gone over the point total in six out of 10 opportunities (60%).
Iowa State Stats & Insights
- Iowa State sports the 83rd-ranked offense this year (368.5 yards per game), and has been even more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 10th-best with only 280.4 yards allowed per game.
- Iowa State has the ninth-best defense this season in terms of points allowed (16.7 points allowed per game), but rank 25th-worst on the offensive side of the ball (21.8 points per game).
- Iowa State ranks 32nd in passing yards this season (267.6 per game), but has been thriving on defense, ranking 11th-best in the FBS with 175.2 passing yards allowed per game.
- While Iowa State ranks 14th-worst in the FBS in rushing offense with 100.9 rushing yards per game, it’s been a different situation defensively, ranking 12th-best (105.2 rushing yards per game allowed).
- Iowa State ranks 48th in third-down percentage this season (42.4%), but has been shining on the defensive side of the ball, ranking ninth-best in the FBS with a 29.0% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- Iowa State ranks 100th in college football with a -5 turnover margin after forcing 14 turnovers (62nd in the FBS) while committing 19 (113th in the FBS).
Iowa State’s Best Players
- Hunter Dekkers has 2,644 passing yards for Iowa State, completing 67.1% of his passes and throwing 17 touchdowns and 13 interceptions this season.
- Jirehl Brock has racked up 445 yards on 99 carries while finding paydirt three times as a runner.
- Deon Silas has been handed the ball 55 times this year and racked up 249 yards (24.9 per game) with two touchdowns.
- Hutchinson’s team-leading 1,059 yards as a receiver have come on 97 catches (out of 146 targets) with six touchdowns.
- Jaylin Noel has caught 50 passes while averaging 52.3 yards per game and scoring three touchdowns.
- Dimitri Stanley has racked up 31 catches for 346 yards, an average of 34.6 yards per game. He’s scored one time as a receiver this season.
- Will McDonald IV paces the team with 4.0 sacks, and also has 4.0 TFL and 30 tackles.
- Anthony Johnson Jr. has 49 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two interceptions, and leads the team in both tackles and interceptions.
Texas Tech Betting Insights
- Texas Tech is 5-5-0 against the spread this year.
- In games it has played as at least 3.5-point underdogs this year, Texas Tech is 2-3 against the spread.
- Texas Tech has hit the over in six of their 10 games with a set total (60%).
Texas Tech Stats & Insights
- Texas Tech’s offensive attack has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks 18th-best in the FBS with 467.0 total yards per game. In terms of defense, it is ceding 387.9 total yards per game, which ranks 80th.
- Texas Tech ranks 31st in the FBS with 33.8 points per game on offense, and it ranks 97th with 29.6 points given up per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- Texas Tech’s pass offense has been dominant, racking up 311.4 passing yards per game (13th-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 62nd by giving up 222.1 passing yards per game.
- In terms of rushing, Texas Tech ranks 65th in the FBS on offense (155.6 rushing yards per game) and 92nd defensively (165.8 rushing yards allowed per contest).
- With a 37.0% third-down conversion percentage on offense, Texas Tech ranks 85th in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 59th, surrendering a 37.5% third-down rate.
- At -6, Texas Tech sports the 100th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with 13 forced turnovers (75th in the FBS) and 19 turnovers committed (113th in the FBS).
Texas Tech’s Best Players
- Donovan Smith has compiled 1,506 yards on 66.2% passing while recording 12 touchdown passes with eight interceptions this season. He’s also run for 106 yards with five scores.
- SaRodorick Thompson has rushed 104 times for 549 yards, with four touchdowns.
- Tahj Brooks has been given 113 carries and totaled 532 yards with seven touchdowns.
- Xavier White leads his team with 531 receiving yards on 39 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Jerand Bradley has put together a 457-yard season so far with four touchdowns. He’s caught 31 passes on 57 targets.
- Myles Price has racked up 382 reciving yards (38.2 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- Tyree Wilson leads the team with 5.5 sacks, and also has 9.0 TFL and 55 tackles.
- Krishon Merriweather, Texas Tech’s top tackler, has 75 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks this year.
- Reggie Pearson Jr. has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 33 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and three passes defended to his name.