Table of Contents
Khalan Laborn will lead the Marshall Thundering Herd (6-4) into their matchup versus the Georgia Southern Eagles (5-5) at Allen E. Paulson Stadium on Saturday at 6:00 PM ET.
The Eagles are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+4.5), versus the Thundering Herd (with an over/under of 54.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Marshall vs. Georgia Southern
- Game Day: Saturday, November 19, 2022
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Statesboro, Georgia
- Stadium: Allen E. Paulson Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Marshall Betting Insights
- Georgia Southern is 6-4-0 against the spread this year.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 4.5 points or more, the Eagles have a 3-1 record against the spread.
- Out of Georgia Southern’s 10 games with a set total, five have hit the over (50%).
Marshall Stats & Insights
- Marshall owns the 71st-ranked offense this season (385.5 yards per game), and has been even more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking ninth-best with only 276.4 yards allowed per game.
- Marshall ranks 93rd in points scored this season (23.9 points per game), but has been thriving on defense, ranking eighth-best in the FBS with 16.1 points allowed per game.
- While Marshall’s pass defense ranks 29th with 194.0 passing yards allowed per game,the offense has been less successful, ranking 22nd-worst (192.1 passing yards per game).
- On the defensive side of the ball, Marshall has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking third-best by giving up only 82.4 per game. The Thundering Herd rank 29th on offense (193.4 rushing yards per game).
- Marshall ranks 103rd in third-down percentage this season (34.8%), but has been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking best in the FBS with a 21.9% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- With 22 forced turnovers (third in the FBS) against 17 turnovers committed (95th in the FBS), Marshall (+5) has the 29th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Marshall’s Best Players
- Cam Fancher has been a dual threat for Marshall so far this season. He has 968 passing yards, completing 55.2% of his passes and throwing four touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 302 yards (30.2 ypg) on 76 carries.
- Laborn has carried the ball 253 times for a team-high 1,253 yards on the ground and has found the end zone 14 times as a runner.
- Corey Gammage’s 653 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted 61 times and has registered 44 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Charles Montgomery has put together a 309-yard season so far, reeling in 25 passes on 41 targets.
- Talik Keaton’s 24 receptions are good enough for 226 yards.
- Owen Porter has 7.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 7.0 TFL, 29 tackles, and one interception.
- Marshall’s leading tackler, Eli Neal, has 48 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two sacks this year.
- Micah Abraham has picked off a team-leading five passes. He also has 21 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and six passes defended to his name.
Georgia Southern Betting Insights
- Georgia Southern is 6-4-0 against the spread this season.
- Georgia Southern has a 3-1 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 4.5 points or more.
- The teams have hit the over in five of Georgia Southern’s 10 games with a set total.
Georgia Southern Stats & Insights
- Georgia Southern ranks fourth-worst in total yards allowed per game on defense (482.5), but at least it has been getting things done on the other side of the ball, ranking 17th-best in total yards per contest (475.2).
- Georgia Southern has not been getting things done defensively, ranking 21st-worst with 31.7 points given up per game. It has been more effective offensively, generating 34.3 points per contest (27th-ranked).
- Georgia Southern’s pass offense has been dominant, accumulating 333.9 passing yards per game (fifth-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 103rd by giving up 256.2 passing yards per game.
- Georgia Southern’s defense has been bottom-25 in run defense this season, ceding 226.3 rushing yards per game, which ranks third-worst in the FBS. Offensively, it ranks 80th with 141.3 rushing yards per contest.
- Georgia Southern’s third-down defense ranks 68th in the FBS with a 38.8% third-down conversion rate surrendered, but it has been bolstered by its offense, which ranks 12th-best by posting a 49.4% third-down rate.
- At +1, Georgia Southern has the 60th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with 16 forced turnovers (39th in the FBS) and 15 turnovers committed (75th in the FBS).
Georgia Southern’s Best Players
- Kyle Vantrease has thrown for 3,306 yards on 61.1% passing while tossing 21 touchdown passes with 13 interceptions this season.
- Jalen White is his team’s leading rusher with 149 carries for 772 yards, or 77.2 per game. He’s found the end zone 10 times on the ground, as well. White has also chipped in with 21 catches for 195 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Gerald Green has run for 475 yards across 86 carries, scoring six touchdowns.
- Khaleb Hood has racked up 753 receiving yards on 66 catches to pace his team so far this season while scoring two touchdowns as a receiver.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. has 58 receptions (on 102 targets) for a total of 717 yards (71.7 yards per game) and seven touchdowns this year.
- Jeremy Singleton’s 73 targets have resulted in 48 grabs for 507 yards and two touchdowns.
- Justin Ellis has collected 4.5 sacks to pace the team, while also recording 4.0 TFL and 22 tackles.
- Anthony Wilson, Georgia Southern’s leading tackler, has 27 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception this year.
- Tyler Bride leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording 11 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and two passes defended.