Table of Contents
Two hot teams hit the court when the Virginia Tech Hokies (4-0) host the Penn State Nittany Lions (4-0) on Friday, November 18, 2022 at 12:00 PM ET. The Hokies are 1.5-point favorites and put their four-game win streak on the line against the Nittany Lions, winners of four straight. The matchup’s point total is set at 142.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Hokies vs. Nittany Lions
- Game Day: Friday, November 18, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN Networks
- Location: Charleston, South Carolina
- Arena: TD Arena
Virginia Tech Betting Stats & Information
- Virginia Tech won 18 of the 26 games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season (69.2%).
- Virginia Tech had a record of 17-8 in games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -127 or shorter last year (68%).
- The Hokies had 19 wins in 36 games against the spread last season.
- Against the spread, as 1.5-point favorites or more, the Hokies went 13-12 last year.
- The average over/under Virginia Tech had set in games last year was 8.4 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
Penn State Betting Stats & Info
- Last season, Penn State won five out of the 19 games, or 26.3%, in which it was the underdog.
- The Nittany Lions entered 18 games last season as an underdog by +107 or more and were 5-13 in those contests.
- The Nittany Lions were 19-12-0 against the spread last year.
- The Nittany Lions went 13-5 as underdogs of 1.5 points or more last season.
- Penn State’s games in 2021 averaged a total of 129.6 points, 12.4 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Virginia Tech vs. Penn State Last Season Stat Comparison
|Virginia Tech Rank||Virginia Tech AVG||Penn State AVG||Penn State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Virginia Tech Hokies Leaders
- Justyn Mutts averaged 10.1 points, 7.4 rebounds, and 3.4 assists per game last season.
- Keve Aluma averaged 15.8 points per game to go with 6.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Hunter Cattoor knocked down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.3 per contest a season ago.
Penn State Nittany Lions Leaders
- Jalen Pickett put up 13.3 points per game last season and added 4.4 assists.
- John Harrar pulled down 10.3 rebounds per game.
- Seth Lundy was prolific from the three-point line a season ago, hitting 2.2 per game.