Table of Contents
As part of Group H, Uruguay takes on South Korea in the first game of the group stage of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. The match is set for 8:00 AM ET on Thursday, November 24.
South Korea is +397 to win and take all three points, while Uruguay is -129 to do the same. The odds of a draw are +245. The moneyline says Uruguay has a 56.3% chance of winning this game.
The World Cup only comes around every four years, so there’s no time to waste. Get your friends and family together to start a World Cup pool here!
Uruguay vs. South Korea Match Info
- Game Day: Thursday, November 24, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 AM ET
- Venue: Education City Stadium
Uruguay Stats and Trends
- Uruguay, with 22 goals in 18 matches, was fifth in CONMEBOL World Cup qualifying play. On the flip side, South Korea conceded four goals.
- With an even goal differential, Uruguay ranked fifth in CONMEBOL World Cup qualifying play.
- Uruguay was defeated by France in the quarterfinals of the 2018 World Cup, 2-0.
- Edinson Cavani notched three goals in the tournament.
- At that tournament, Rodrigo Bentancur chipped in with one assist.
Put your picks to the test in our free World Cup pool and support a great cause while competing for cash prizes and a jersey signed by the USMNT!
South Korea Stats and Trends
- South Korea produced 28 goals in 14 matches and Uruguay gave up 22 in World Cup qualifying action.
- In terms of goal differential, South Korea was fourth in AFC World Cup qualifying play (+24).
- After collecting three points in the group stage of the 2018 World Cup, South Korea was knocked out of contention.
- During the competition, Heung Min Son scored two times.
- Lee Jae Sung also contributed, collecting one assist.
Uruguay vs. South Korea Players to Watch
- Luis Suarez scored eight times for Uruguay in World Cup qualifying (in 14 matches).
- Giorgian De Arrascaeta added five goals and one assist in the qualifying campaign.
- During the qualifying campaign, Federico Valverde scored two times (but had zero assists).
- Cavani scored two times for Uruguay in World Cup qualifying.
- On offense, Son helped propel South Korea with seven goals and one assist in 12 World Cup qualifiers.
- South Korea’s most recent World Cup qualifying campaign included three goals and four assists from Hee-chan Hwang.
- In the last World Cup qualifying cycle (in which he played 11 matches), Chang-Hoon Kwon accumulated four goals and one assist for South Korea.
- During South Korea’s last World Cup qualifying campaign, Hwang Ui-Jo played 12 matches, and he came through with two goals and one assist.
Chances to Win the World Cup
|Chance to Win the World Cup||Implied Probability||Overall Rank||Group Rank|
Pick to Win Uruguay vs. South Korea
The best pick to win is Uruguay.