One of the top running backs in college football will be on display when Eric Gray and the Oklahoma Sooners (6-5) visit the Texas Tech Red Raiders (6-5) on Saturday, November 26, 2022.
The Sooners are small favorites (-2.5) in their matchup versus the Red Raiders, with the over/under being 63.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Sooners are -130 and the Red Raiders are +106.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech
- Game Day: Saturday, November 26, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Lubbock, Texas
- Stadium: Jones AT&T Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Oklahoma Betting Insights
- Texas Tech has a 6-5-0 record against the spread this season.
- When it has played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this year, Texas Tech is 3-3 against the spread.
- Texas Tech games have gone over the point total in six out of 11 opportunities (54.5%).
Oklahoma Stats & Insights
- Oklahoma has struggled on defense, ranking 20th-worst in the FBS (437.0 yards allowed per game) this season. However, the defense ranks 22nd-best, yielding an average of 454.0 yards per game.
- Oklahoma is totaling 31.5 points per game on offense this year (46th in the FBS), and is giving up 27.6 points per game (83rd) on defense.
- Oklahoma is putting up 236.8 passing yards per game on offense (59th in the FBS), and ranks 96th defensively with 245.6 passing yards allowed per game.
- Oklahoma has struggled on defense against the run, ranking 18th-worst in the FBS (191.4 rushing yards allowed per game) this season. However, the team ranks 13th-best on offense, putting up 217.2 rushing yards per game.
- Oklahoma is putting up a 40.0% third-down percentage on offense this season (57th in the FBS), and is allowing a 40.2% third-down percentage (79th) on defense.
- With 18 forced turnovers (36th in the FBS) against 13 turnovers committed (31st in the FBS), Oklahoma (+5) owns the 33rd-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Oklahoma’s Best Players
- Dillon Gabriel has thrown for 2,476 yards (225.1 ypg) to lead Oklahoma, completing 62% of his passes and recording 18 touchdown passes compared to five interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 279 rushing yards on 68 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- Gray has 1,203 rushing yards on 185 carries with 11 touchdowns. He’s also tacked on 31 catches for 219 yards (19.9 per game).
- Jovantae Barnes has piled up 397 yards on 83 carries, scoring four times.
- Marvin Mims has hauled in 47 catches for 844 yards (76.7 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone four times as a receiver.
- Jalil Farooq has caught 29 passes while averaging 35.2 yards per game and scoring three touchdowns.
- Brayden Willis has been the target of 47 passes and hauled in 28 grabs for 382 yards, an average of 34.7 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone five times through the air this season.
- Reggie Grimes has 4.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 5.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- Oklahoma’s leading tackler, Danny Stutsman, has 73 tackles, 4.0 TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions this year.
- C.J. Coldon has picked off a team-leading three passes. He also has 16 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended to his name.
Texas Tech Betting Insights
- Texas Tech is 6-5-0 against the spread this season.
- Texas Tech is a 3-3 record against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or more this year.
- Six of Texas Tech’s 11 games with a set total have hit the over (54.5%).
Texas Tech Stats & Insights
- With 446.9 total yards per game on offense, Texas Tech ranks 28th in the FBS in 2022. Defensively, it ranks 80th, surrendering 391.0 total yards per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, Texas Tech is compiling 32.0 points per game (40th-ranked). It ranks 88th in the FBS on defense (27.8 points surrendered per game).
- Texas Tech’s pass offense has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 15th-best in the FBS with 295.9 passing yards per game. In terms of defense, it is ceding 228.6 passing yards per game, which ranks 74th.
- Texas Tech is posting 151.0 rushing yards per game on offense this season (68th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing 162.4 rushing yards per game (83rd-ranked) on defense.
- Texas Tech ranks 96th in the FBS with a 36.0% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and 64th with a 38.6% third-down percentage allowed on the defensive side of the ball.
- Texas Tech has a -7 turnover margin this season, which ranks 100th in the FBS.
Texas Tech’s Best Players
- Donovan Smith leads Texas Tech with 1,506 yards on 147-of-222 passing with 12 touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season.
- SaRodorick Thompson has rushed for 584 yards on 111 carries so far this year while scoring four times on the ground.
- Tahj Brooks has piled up 577 yards (on 122 carries) with seven touchdowns.
- Xavier White has hauled in 557 receiving yards on 41 receptions to pace his squad so far this season while scoring three touchdowns as a receiver.
- Jerand Bradley has 35 receptions (on 61 targets) for a total of 483 yards (43.9 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- Myles Price’s 42 receptions (on 61 targets) have netted him 424 yards (38.5 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Tyree Wilson has 5.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 9.0 TFL and 55 tackles.
- Krishon Merriweather, Texas Tech’s tackle leader, has 84 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks this year.
- Reggie Pearson Jr. has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 39 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and three passes defended to his name.