Table of Contents
Star running back Dewayne McBride and the UAB Blazers (5-6) meet the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (3-8) on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET at Joe Aillet Stadium.
The Blazers are expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -17.5) against the Bulldogs. The over/under for this game is 56.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for UAB vs. Louisiana Tech
- Game Day: Saturday, November 26, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: Ruston, Louisiana
- Stadium: Joe Aillet Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
UAB Betting Insights
- Louisiana Tech is 5-6-0 against the spread this year.
- Louisiana Tech has a 1-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 17.5 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in eight of Louisiana Tech’s 11 games with a set total.
UAB Stats & Insights
- From an offensive standpoint, UAB ranks 35th in the FBS with 437.3 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 47th in total defense (359.0 yards allowed per contest).
- UAB ranks 54th in scoring offense (30.0 points per game) and 42nd in scoring defense (23.1 points allowed per game) this season.
- UAB is compiling 208.9 passing yards per game on offense (97th in the FBS), and ranks 26th on the other side of the ball with 192.3 passing yards allowed per game.
- Offensively, UAB has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 10th-best in the FBS by compiling 228.4 per game. The Blazers rank 88th on defense (166.7 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 defense on third down that ranks 18th-worst in the FBS (43.8% third-down percentage), UAB has put up better results on the other side of the ball, ranking 31st in the FBS by putting up a 44.8% third-down percentage.
- UAB has forced 17 total turnovers (45th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 13 times (31st in the FBS) for +4a turnover margin of +4, 39th-ranked in college football.
UAB’s Best Players
- Dylan Hopkins has 1,625 yards passing for UAB, completing 63.8% of his passes and recording eight touchdowns and two interceptions this season.
- McBride has racked up 1,438 yards on 217 carries while finding paydirt 18 times as a runner.
- Jermaine Brown Jr. has racked up 713 yards on 120 attempts, scoring four times.
- Trea Shropshire’s leads his squad with 666 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 34 catches (out of 66 targets) and scored four touchdowns.
- Tejhaun Palmer has hauled in 27 receptions totaling 461 yards, finding the end zone two times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Samario Rudolph has racked up 14 catches for 262 yards, an average of 23.8 yards per game. He’s scored two times as a receiver this season.
- Drew Tuazama leads the team with 3.5 sacks, and also has 3.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Noah Wilder is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s picked up 73 tackles and 4.0 TFL.
- Grayson Cash leads the team with three interceptions, while also recording 29 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and four passes defended.
Louisiana Tech Betting Insights
- Louisiana Tech is 5-6-0 against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 17.5-point underdogs this season, the Bulldogs are 1-2 against the spread.
- Louisiana Tech games have gone over the point total in eight out of 11 opportunities (72.7%).
Louisiana Tech Stats & Insights
- Louisiana Tech ranks 70th in total yards per game (385.1), but it has been less effective defensively, ranking fifth-worst in the FBS with 466.2 total yards surrendered per contest.
- Louisiana Tech’s defense has been a bottom-25 unit in scoring defense this season, conceding 38.0 points per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the FBS. On the offensive side of the ball, it ranks 60th with 29.2 points per contest.
- With 269.1 passing yards per game on offense, Louisiana Tech ranks 32nd in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 89th, surrendering 237.4 passing yards per contest.
- In terms of rushing, this season has been hard for Louisiana Tech on both sides of the ball, as it is compiling only 116.0 rushing yards per game (23rd-worst) and surrendering 228.8 rushing yards per game (third-worst).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 74th in third-down conversion percentage (38.9%) on offense, but it has been less effective defensively, ranking 20th-worst in the FBS with a 43.5% third-down percentage allowed.
- Louisiana Tech has a -1 turnover margin this season, which ranks 100th in the FBS.
Louisiana Tech’s Best Players
- Parker McNeil leads Louisiana Tech with 1,908 yards on 123-of-214 passing with 18 touchdowns compared to eight interceptions this season.
- Marquis Crosby has run for 845 yards on 165 carries so far this year while scoring eight times on the ground.
- Charvis Thornton has run for 332 yards across 73 attempts, scoring two touchdowns.
- Tre Harris has collected 60 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 891 (81.0 yards per game). He’s been targeted 95 times and has nine touchdowns.
- Smoke Harris has caught 60 passes and compiled 588 receiving yards (53.5 per game) with five touchdowns.
- Cyrus Allen’s 43 targets have resulted in 21 grabs for 488 yards and four touchdowns.
- Jaiden Cole leads the team with 3.5 sacks, and also has 2.0 TFL, 34 tackles, and one interception.
- Hugh Davis, Louisiana Tech’s leading tackler, has 50 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks this year.
- Willie Roberts has a team-leading three interceptions to go along with 15 tackles and three passes defended.