Table of Contents
In its middle game of the 2022 World Cup group stage, Japan competes against Costa Rica at 5:00 AM ET on Sunday, November 27. Japan won its first group-stage game over Germany, while Costa Rica lost its opening match against Spain.
In terms of the odds, Japan is -236, the draw is +338, and Costa Rica is +720. The moneyline implies that Japan has a 70.2% of winning this match.
The World Cup only comes around every four years, so there’s no time to waste. Get your friends and family together to start a World Cup pool here!
Japan vs. Costa Rica Match Info
- Game Day: Sunday, November 27, 2022
- Game Time: 5:00 AM ET
- Venue: Ahmed bin Ali Stadium
Japan Stats and Trends
- With two goals scored in one game, Japan is fourth in the World Cup. On the flip side, Costa Rica has allowed seven goals in one game, 24th in the competition. In World Cup qualifying, Japan scored 53 goals (3.3 per game) and Costa Rica conceded seven (0.5 per game).
- In terms of goal differential, Japan is No. 6 in the World Cup at +1 (and was +47 during World Cup qualifying).
- In its most recent match, Japan was victorious 2-1 over Germany despite being outshot by 12 in the match, 24 to 12.
- Japan was led by Takuma Asano and Ritsu Doan, who scored their team’s two goals versus Germany.
Put your picks to the test in our free World Cup pool and support a great cause while competing for cash prizes and a jersey signed by the USMNT!
Costa Rica Stats and Trends
- Costa Rica has not scored in this tournament. Japan has allowed one goal (1.0 per game). In World Cup qualifying, Costa Rica scored 13 goals (1.0 per game) and Japan conceded six (0.4 per game).
- Costa Rica has been outscored 7-0 in the World Cup, and its -7 goal differential is 24th in the tournament. The team was +6 in CONCACAF World Cup qualifying.
- Costa Rica suffered a 7-0 defeat to Spain in its most recent match on November 23, and was outshot 17 to zero.
- No player for Costa Rica registered a shot in the match.
Japan vs. Costa Rica Players to Watch
- Ko Itakura has one assist for Japan in this competition (zero goals).
- Takumi Minamino had 10 goals and four assists for Japan in World Cup qualifying.
- Junya Ito had six goals and seven assists in World Cup qualifying.
- Japan’s Daichi Kamada had three goals and two assists during the World Cup qualifying cycle.
- Asano has one goal in this competition, and had three goals and one assist in the qualification campaign for the World Cup.
- Celso Borges recorded two goals and one assist for Costa Rica in World Cup qualifiers.
- During World Cup qualifiers, Joel Campbell tallied two goals with one assist.
- Bryan Ruiz tallied two goals for Costa Rica during the World Cup qualifying campaign.
- During the last World Cup qualifying campaign, Anthony Daniel Contreras Enriquez collected two goals.
Chances to Win the World Cup
|Chance to Win the World Cup||Implied Probability||Overall Rank||Group Rank|
Pick to Win Japan vs. Costa Rica
Our pick to win is Japan.