Table of Contents
In its middle match of the 2022 World Cup group phase, Portugal takes on Uruguay at 2:00 PM ET on Monday, November 28. Portugal won its first group-stage match, while Uruguay tied its opening game.
In terms of the odds, Portugal is -107, the draw is +239, and Uruguay is +311. The moneyline says Portugal has a 51.7% chance of winning this game.
The World Cup only comes around every four years, so there’s no time to waste. Get your friends and family together to start a World Cup pool here!
Portugal vs. Uruguay Match Info
- Game Day: Monday, November 28, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Venue: Lusail Iconic Stadium
Portugal Stats and Trends
- Portugal has scored three goals in this tournament (3.0 per game), while Uruguay has not conceded yet. In World Cup qualifying, Portugal scored 22 goals (2.2 per game) and Uruguay allowed 22 (1.2 per game).
- With 3 goals scored and 2 allowed, Portugal is No. 7 in the World Cup in goal differential. It was +15 in its World Cup qualification campaign.
- In its most recent match, Portugal won 3-2 against Ghana, taking 11 shots and outshooting Ghana by three.
- Joao Felix, Rafael Leao and Cristiano Ronaldo combined to score the three goals for their side versus Ghana.
Put your picks to the test in our free World Cup pool and support a great cause while competing for cash prizes and a jersey signed by the USMNT!
Uruguay Stats and Trends
- Uruguay has not scored in this tournament. Portugal has conceded two goals (2.0 per game). In World Cup qualifying, Uruguay scored 22 goals (1.2 per game) and Portugal allowed seven (0.7 per game).
- With zero goals scored and the same number conceded, Uruguay is No. 12 in the World Cup in goal differential. The team was 0 in World Cup qualifying.
- Uruguay finished with a 0-0 draw against South Korea in its last game on November 24. Uruguay outshot South Korea eight to five.
- While Uruguay didn’t manage a goal against South Korea, Federico Valverde topped the squad with two shots.
Portugal vs. Uruguay Players to Watch
- Portugal’s Ronaldo has one goal (zero assists) in this tournament, and had six goals and one assist in World Cup qualifying.
- In this competition, Bruno Fernandes has two assists (plus three goals and two assists in World Cup qualifying).
- Portugal’s Bernardo Silva had one goal and three assists during the World Cup qualifying cycle.
- In the qualification campaign for the World Cup, Joao Palhinha had two goals.
- Uruguay’s Luis Suarez tallied eight goals (with zero assists) in the most recent World Cup qualifying cycle.
- In the most recent World Cup qualifying cycle, Giorgian De Arrascaeta had five goals and one assist.
- Uruguay’s Edinson Cavani netted two goals during the World Cup qualifiers.
- Valverde collected two goals in the qualification cycle for the World Cup.
Chances to Win the World Cup
|Chance to Win the World Cup||Implied Probability||Overall Rank||Group Rank|
Pick to Win Portugal vs. Uruguay
Our pick to win is Portugal.