Table of Contents
On Friday at 1:00 PM ET, the Buffalo Bulls (5-6) will host the Akron Zips (2-9).
The Bulls are expected to win by at least two scores (currently -13.5) versus the Zips. The over/under for this matchup is 57.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Buffalo vs. Akron
- Game Day: Friday, December 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: Buffalo, New York
- Stadium: UB Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Buffalo Betting Insights
- Akron’s ATS record is 5-5-1 this year.
- Akron is a 2-2 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 13.5 points or more this year.
- Five of Akron’s 11 games with a set total have hit the over (45.5%).
Buffalo Stats & Insights
- From an offensive standpoint, Buffalo ranks 74th in the FBS with 384.2 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 87th in total defense (399.0 yards allowed per contest).
- Offensively, Buffalo ranks 59th in the FBS with 29.5 points per game. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 79th in points allowed (399.0 points allowed per contest).
- Buffalo is averaging 230.0 passing yards per game offensively this season (64th in the FBS), and is allowing 212.7 passing yards per game (53rd) on the defensive side of the ball.
- Buffalo is averaging 154.2 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 66th in the FBS. The team’s defensive unit ranks 106th, allowing 186.3 rushing yards per game.
- Buffalo has the 69th-ranked offense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (39.0% percentage), and has been more effective on defense, ranking 24th-best with a 33.1% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- With 21 forced turnovers (22nd in the FBS) against 15 turnovers committed (46th in the FBS), Buffalo’s +6+6 turnover margin ranks 27th in college football.
Buffalo’s Best Players
- Cole Snyder has thrown for 2,501 yards (227.4 ypg) to lead Buffalo, completing 59.9% of his passes and tossing 14 touchdown passes compared to seven interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 139 rushing yards on 100 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Ron Cook Jr. has carried the ball 139 times for a team-high 600 yards on the ground and has found the end zone four times. He’s also tacked on 16 catches for 207 yards (18.8 per game).
- Mike Washington has been handed the ball 132 times this year and racked up 587 yards (53.4 per game) with seven touchdowns.
- Justin Marshall has hauled in 47 receptions for 627 yards (57.0 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone six times as a receiver.
- Quian Williams has caught 54 passes for 613 yards (55.7 yards per game) and four touchdowns this year.
- Jamari Gassett has a total of 348 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 27 passes and scoring two touchdowns.
- Ibrahim Kante paces the team with 3.0 sacks, and also has 3.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Shaun Dolac is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s racked up 68 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and two sacks.
- Marcus Fuqua leads the team with five interceptions, while also putting up 28 tackles and six passes defended.
Akron Betting Insights
- So far this year, Akron has compiled a 5-5-1 record against the spread.
- Akron is 2-2 against the spread when an underdog by 13.5 points or more this year.
- The teams have hit the over in five of Akron’s 11 games with a set total.
Akron Stats & Insights
- Akron is posting 377.4 total yards per contest on offense this season (79th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing 415.1 total yards per contest (102nd-ranked).
- Akron has lots of room to improve, as it ranks 24th-worst in points per game (21.7) this season and 10th-worst in points allowed per game (34.5).
- Akron’s pass offense has been thriving, racking up 284.5 passing yards per game (19th-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 90th by surrendering 240.4 passing yards per game.
- Akron’s rushing offense has been bottom-25 this season, posting 92.9 rushing yards per game, which ranks eighth-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 98th with 174.7 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- Akron is putting up a 34.8% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (106th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up a 36.5% third-down rate (46th-ranked) on defense.
- Akron has a -12 turnover margin this season, which ranks 100th in the FBS.
Akron’s Best Players
- DJ Iron has thrown for 2,592 yards on 255-of-381 passing with 10 touchdowns and seven interceptions this season. He has chipped on the ground, as well, with 312 yards and four rushing touchdowns.
- Cam Wiley has rushed for 487 yards on 106 carries so far this year while scoring five times on the ground.
- Alex Adams paces his team with 837 receiving yards on 56 catches with eight touchdowns.
- Shocky Jacques-Louis has racked up 817 receiving yards (74.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns on 69 receptions.
- Daniel George’s 60 grabs (on 99 targets) have netted him 688 yards (62.5 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Victor Jones leads the team with 4.5 sacks, and also has 9.0 TFL and 41 tackles.
- Bubba Arslanian is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s totaled 83 tackles, 6.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- Tyson Durant leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording 26 tackles and two passes defended.