Table of Contents
Croatia, who registered 5 points to finish second in Group F, squares off against Japan on Monday, December 5 at 10:00 AM ET in a 2022 World Cup Round of 16 match. Japan won Group E with 6 points.
The moneyline odds for Croatia to advance are +101. The odds for Japan to do so are +303. There is a 49.8% chance that Croatia wins this game, per the moneyline.
The World Cup only comes around every four years, so there’s no time to waste. Get your friends and family together to start a World Cup pool here!
Croatia vs. Japan Match Info
- Game Day: Monday, December 5, 2022
- Game Time: 10:00 AM ET
- Venue: Al Janoub Stadium
Croatia Stats and Trends
- Croatia ranks 10th in the World Cup in total goals scored (four overall, 1.3 per game), while Japan ranks 14th in goals conceded (three overall, 1.0 per game).
- Croatia has outscored opponents four to one, and its +3 goal differential ranks fourth in the World Cup.
- Croatia took on Belgium in its last match and they finished level, 0-0. It was outshot by four in the match, 15 to 11.
- Croatia did not score, but Luka Modric led the side with two shots.
Put your picks to the test in our free World Cup pool and support a great cause while competing for cash prizes and a jersey signed by the USMNT!
Japan Stats and Trends
- In the World Cup, Japan has totaled four goals over three matches (10th in league). Croatia has conceded one through three matches (second).
- With 4 goals scored against 3 conceded, Japan ranks 10th in goal differential in the World Cup.
- In its last action on December 1, Japan claimed a 2-1 victory against Spain, despite recording seven less shots than Spain.
- Ritsu Doan and Ao Tanaka topped Japan with a goal apiece.
Croatia vs. Japan Players to Watch
- In three matches for Croatia in the World Cup, Ivan Perisic has two assists but no goals.
- Andrej Kramaric has two goals in three matches for Croatia in the World Cup.
- In three matches in the World Cup, Croatia’s Marko Livaja has scored one goal.
- In the World Cup, Croatia’s Mislav Orsic has one assist (eighth in the 2022 World Cup) in three matches.
- Doan has two goals (sixth in the 2022 World Cup) and no assists in three matches for Japan in World Cup play.
- In World Cup play (three appearances), Tanaka has one goal (20th in World Cup play) for Japan.
- Takuma Asano has added one goal for Japan in the World Cup (three matches).
- Kaoru Mitoma’s three World Cup appearances for Japan have resulted in one assist.
Chances to Win the World Cup
|Chance to Win the World Cup||Implied Probability||Overall Rank||Group Rank|
Pick to Win Croatia vs. Japan
Our pick to win is Croatia.