Table of Contents
The Troy Trojans and the UTSA Roadrunners play in the Duluth Trading Cure Bowl. The matchup is at 3:00 PM ET on December 16, 2022, and airs on ESPN.
The Roadrunners are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+1), versus the Trojans (with an over/under of 54.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Troy vs. UTSA
- Game Day: Friday, December 16, 2022
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Stadium: Exploria Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Troy Betting Insights
- UTSA’s ATS record is 7-6-0 this season.
- UTSA is 1-1 against the spread when an underdog by 1 point or more this season.
- Eight of UTSA’s 13 games with a set total have hit the over (61.5%).
Troy Stats & Insights
- Defensively, Troy has been a top-25 unit, ranking 22nd-best by allowing only 325.6 yards per game. The offense ranks 78th (375.3 yards per game).
- Defensively, Troy has been a top-25 unit, ranking eighth-best by allowing only 17.5 points per game. The offense ranks 80th (26.2 points per game).
- Troy is averaging 252.5 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 46th in the FBS. The defense ranks 40th, surrendering 208.1 passing yards per game.
- Troy ranks 103rd in rushing yards this year (122.8 rushing yards per game), but has been thriving on defense, ranking 23rd-best in the FBS with 117.5 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Troy ranks 23rd-worst in third-down conversion rate (34.2%), but has played better on defense, ranking 91st with a 41.2% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- Troy has forced 19 total turnovers (27th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over 19 times (96th in the FBS) for an even turnover margin, 100th-ranked in college football.
Troy’s Best Players
- Gunnar Watson has thrown for 2,700 yards (225.0 ypg) to lead Troy, completing 61.9% of his passes and collecting 13 touchdown passes compared to 10 interceptions this season.
- Kimani Vidal has 1,064 rushing yards on 209 carries with nine touchdowns.
- DK Billingsley has been handed the ball 134 times this year and racked up 656 yards (50.5 per game) with eight touchdowns.
- Tez Johnson has hauled in 52 catches for 818 yards (68.2 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone four times as a receiver.
- RaJae’ Johnson has caught 34 passes for 672 yards (51.7 yards per game) and six touchdowns this year.
- Deshon Stoudemire has a total of 491 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing 38 throws and scoring two touchdowns.
- T.J. Jackson leads the team with seven sacks, and also has 12 TFL and 46 tackles.
- Carlton Martial, Troy’s top tackler, has 121 tackles, one TFL, and one interception this year.
- Reddy Steward has picked off a team-high three passes. He also has 50 tackles, one TFL, and eight passes defended to his name.
UTSA Betting Insights
- UTSA has gone 7-6-0 ATS this year.
- UTSA has a 1-1 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 1 point or more this year.
- The teams have hit the over in eight of UTSA’s 13 games with a set total.
UTSA Stats & Insights
- UTSA’s offensive attack has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks ninth-best in the FBS with 486.1 total yards per contest. In terms of defense, it is allowing 404.9 total yards per game, which ranks 92nd.
- UTSA’s offensive attack has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks 12th-best in the FBS with 38.7 points per contest. In terms of defense, it is surrendering 26.5 points per game, which ranks 64th.
- UTSA’s pass defense ranks 101st in the FBS with 253.5 passing yards given up per contest, but it has been lifted up by its offense, which ranks 12th-best by posting 308.6 passing yards per game.
- With 177.5 rushing yards per game on offense, UTSA ranks 48th in the FBS. Defensively it ranks 71st, surrendering 151.5 rushing yards per game.
- UTSA’s third-down offense has been dominant, posting a 49.7% third-down conversion percentage (eighth-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 71st by surrendering a 39.0% third-down rate.
- UTSA owns a +5 turnover margin this season, which ranks 30th in the FBS.
UTSA’s Best Players
- Frank Harris has racked up 3,865 yards on 71.1% passing while recording 31 touchdown passes with seven interceptions this season. He’s also run for 588 yards with nine scores.
- Kevorian Barnes is his team’s leading rusher with 114 carries for 713 yards, or 71.3 per game. He’s found paydirt six times on the ground, as well.
- Brenden Brady has run for 699 yards across 156 attempts, scoring nine touchdowns. He’s chipped in with 18 catches for 190 yards.
- Zakhari Franklin’s 1,100 receiving yards (84.6 yards per game) lead the team. He has 86 catches on zero targets with 14 touchdowns.
- Joshua Cephus has 87 receptions (on zero targets) for a total of 985 yards (75.8 yards per game) and six touchdowns this year.
- De’Corian Clark has racked up 741 reciving yards (82.3 ypg) and eight touchdowns this season.
- Trey Moore paces the team with five sacks, and also has nine TFL and 48 tackles.
- UTSA’s tackle leader, Jamal Ligon, has 81 tackles and four TFL this year.
- Clifford Chattman has picked off a team-leading four passes. He also has 62 tackles and 14 passes defended to his name.