Table of Contents
The Cotton Bowl will see the USC Trojans hitting the field against the Tulane Green Wave on Monday, January 2, 2023. Kickoff is at 1:00 PM ET on ESPN.
The Green Wave are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+1), against the Trojans (with an over/under of 62.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for USC vs. Tulane
- Game Day: Monday, January 2, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: AT&T Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
USC Betting Insights
- Tulane’s ATS record is 11-2-0 this year.
- Tulane is 2-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- Tulane has gone over in seven of their 13 games with a set total (53.8%).
USC Stats & Insights
- On offense, USC has been a top-25 unit, ranking fifth-best in the FBS by totaling 499.8 yards per game. The defense ranks 103rd (415.1 yards allowed per game).
- USC owns the 81st-ranked defense this year (27.9 points allowed per game), and has been better on the other side of the ball, ranking third-best with 41.1 points per game.
- USC has struggled on defense against the pass, ranking 20th-worst in the FBS (266.5 passing yards allowed per game) this season. However, the Trojans rank fifth-best on offense, averaging 325.7 passing yards per game.
- USC is compiling 174.2 rushing yards per game on offense (49th in the FBS), and ranks 63rd on the other side of the ball with 148.6 rushing yards allowed per game.
- While USC ranks 20th-worst in the FBS in third-down efficiency on defense with a 43.2% third-down conversion rate allowed, it’s been a different story offensively, where the Trojans rank third-best in the FBS (52.3% third-down percentage).
- USC has forced 26 total turnovers (fourth in the FBS) this season and have turned it over five times (first in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +21, the best in college football.
USC’s Best Players
- Caleb Williams has racked up 4,075 yards (313.5 ypg) on 296-of-448 passing with 37 touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season. In addition, he’s added 372 rushing yards (28.6 ypg) on 109 carries while scoring 10 touchdowns on the ground.
- Travis Dye has racked up 884 yards on 145 carries while finding paydirt nine times as a runner. He’s also caught 20 passes for 194 yards (19.4 per game).
- Austin Jones has been handed the ball 113 times this year and racked up 644 yards (53.7 per game) with five touchdowns. He’s also helped out in the pass game with 21 grabs for 247 yards and one touchdown.
- Jordan Addison’s 875 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted zero times and has collected 59 receptions and eight touchdowns.
- Tahj Washington has grabbed 45 passes while averaging 61.5 yards per game and scoring six touchdowns.
- Mario Williams’ 28 catches have yielded 519 yards and five touchdowns.
- Tuli Tuipulotu paces the team with 10 sacks, and also has 17 TFL and 40 tackles.
- USC’s leading tackler, Max Williams, has 71 tackles, one TFL, and two interceptions this year.
- Calen Bullock has picked off a team-high five passes. He also has 46 tackles and six passes defended to his name.
Tulane Betting Insights
- Tulane’s ATS record is 11-2-0 this season.
- When it has played as at least 1-point underdogs this season, Tulane is 2-0 against the spread.
- Tulane games have gone over the point total in seven out of 13 opportunities (53.8%).
Tulane Stats & Insights
- From an offensive perspective, Tulane is putting up 433.9 total yards per game (34th-ranked). It ranks 33rd in the FBS on defense (342.4 total yards allowed per game).
- Things have been going well for Tulane on both sides of the ball, as it is putting up 35.2 points per game (21st-best) and surrendering only 20.5 points per game (25th-best).
- Tulane has been dominant on pass defense, surrendering just 188.5 passing yards per game (18th-best). Offensively, it ranks 57th in the FBS by compiling 236.8 passing yards per game.
- Tulane ranks 30th in the FBS with 197.1 rushing yards per game on offense, and it ranks 74th with 153.8 rushing yards given up per game on the defensive side of the ball.
- Tulane ranks 79th in the FBS with a 38.4% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and 36th with a 34.8% third-down percentage allowed on defense.
- At +4, Tulane sports the 33rd-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with 19 forced turnovers (27th in the FBS) and 15 turnovers committed (45th in the FBS).
Tulane’s Best Players
- Michael Pratt has thrown for 2,776 yards on 207-of-321 passing with 25 touchdowns and five interceptions this season. He has chipped on the ground, as well, with 395 yards and 10 rushing touchdowns.
- Tyjae Spears has run for 1,376 yards on 212 carries so far this year while scoring 15 times on the ground. He’s also tacked on 21 catches, totaling 242 yards and two touchdowns through the air.
- Shae Wyatt paces his team with 692 receiving yards on 35 receptions with seven touchdowns.
- Duece Watts has caught 31 passes and compiled 574 receiving yards (52.2 per game) with eight touchdowns.
- Jha’Quan Jackson’s zero targets have resulted in 32 grabs for 467 yards and two touchdowns.
- Dorian Williams leads the team with five sacks. He’s also the team’s tackle leader, and has racked up eight TFL, 108 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Jarius Monroe has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 43 tackles, one TFL, and seven passes defended to his name.