Table of Contents
The Minnesota Vikings (10-3) host a struggling Indianapolis Colts (4-8-1) squad on Saturday, December 17, 2022 at U.S. Bank Stadium. The Colts have lost three straight games.
The Colts are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+4), against the Vikings (with an over/under of 47.5 points).
Game Info, Betting Lines for Minnesota Vikings vs. Indianapolis Colts
- Game Day: Saturday, December 17, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: NFL Network
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: U.S. Bank Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting Insights for Vikings
- The Vikings have posted a 6-6-1 record against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 4-point favorites this season, the Vikings are 1-3 against the spread.
- The Vikings have hit the over in eight of its 13 games with a set total (61.5%).
Stats & Insights for Vikings
- Despite sporting a bottom-five defense that ranks worst in the NFL (403.7 yards allowed per game), the Vikings have put up better results offensively, ranking 17th in the NFL by averaging 342 yards per game.
- The Vikings are putting up 24 points per game on offense this year (10th in NFL), and they are allowing 24.1 points per game (24th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Vikings own the eighth-ranked passing offense this season (246.4 passing yards per game), and they’ve been worse on the other side of the ball, ranking worst with 287.2 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Vikings are putting up 95.6 rushing yards per game offensively this season (27th in NFL), and they are giving up 116.5 rushing yards per game (16th) on defense.
- On offense, the Vikings rank 13th in the NFL with a 40.6% third-down conversion rate. Meanwhile, they rank 15th in third-down conversion rate allowed (39%).
- Despite having a bottom-five defense in terms of yards per play that ranks second-worst in the NFL (6.3 yards per play allowed), the Vikings have played better on the other side of the ball, ranking 19th in the NFL by averaging 5.6 yards per play.
- The Vikings have the fourth-best turnover margin in the NFL at +6, forcing 20 turnovers (seventh in NFL) while turning it over 14 times (seventh in NFL).
Vikings’ Best Players
- Kirk Cousins: 3,358 PASS YDS / 258.3 YPG / 65.5% / 20 TD / 9 INT
- Dalvin Cook: 213 CAR / 950 YDS / 73.1 YPG / 8 TD / 29 REC / 170 YDS / 13.1 YPG / 1 TD
- Alexander Mattison: 50 CAR / 173 YDS / 13.3 YPG / 3 TD / 13 REC / 78 YDS / 6 YPG / 1 TD
- Justin Jefferson: 99 REC / 1,500 YDS / 115.4 YPG / 6 TD
- T.J. Hockenson: 62 REC / 697 YDS / 53.6 YPG / 4 TD
- Adam Thielen: 63 REC / 645 YDS / 49.6 YPG / 4 TD
- Za’Darius Smith: 36 TKL / 15 TFL / 9.5 SACK / 5 PD
- Eric Kendricks: 108 TKL / 4 TFL / 5 PD
- Harrison Smith: 73 TKL / 1 TFL / 5 INT / 10 PD
Betting Insights for Colts
- So far this season, the Colts have put together a 5-8-0 record against the spread.
- The Colts have a 3-2 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 4 points or more.
- Four of the Colts’ 13 games with a set total have hit the over (30.8%).
Stats & Insights for Colts
- With 318 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Colts rank 25th in the NFL in 2022. On defense, they rank eighth, giving up 314.8 total yards per contest.
- The Colts’ offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, compiling 16.1 points per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 18th with 22.9 points ceded per contest.
- The Colts’ pass defense has been leading the way for the team, as they rank third-best in the NFL with 188.6 passing yards allowed per game. In terms of offense, they are accumulating 217.8 passing yards per game, which ranks 19th.
- With 100.2 rushing yards per game on offense, the Colts rank 26th in the NFL. On defense they rank 21st, surrendering 126.2 rushing yards per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Colts are posting a 35.6% third-down conversion percentage (27th-ranked). They rank eighth in the NFL defensively (37.1% third-down rate allowed).
- The Colts are putting up 5.3 yards per play on offense this season (25th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 5.3 yards per play (sixth-ranked) on defense.
- In terms of turnover margin, the Colts are the worst team in the NFL this season. Their margin sits at -14, as they’ve forced 12 turnovers and committed 26.
Best Players for Colts
- Matt Ryan: 2,875 PASS YDS / 261.4 YPG / 67.8% / 13 TD / 13 INT
- Jonathan Taylor: 192 CAR / 861 YDS / 86.1 YPG / 4 TD / 27 REC / 130 YDS / 13 YPG / 0 TD
- Deon Jackson: 44 CAR / 136 YDS / 11.3 YPG / 1 TD / 20 REC / 124 YDS / 10.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Michael Pittman Jr.: 76 REC / 755 YDS / 62.9 YPG / 2 TD
- Alec Pierce: 32 REC / 510 YDS / 42.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Parris Campbell: 50 REC / 497 YDS / 38.2 YPG / 3 TD
- Yannick Ngakoue: 25 TKL / 6 TFL / 8.5 SACK
- Zaire Franklin: 130 TKL / 9 TFL / 1 SACK / 4 PD
- Stephon Gilmore: 52 TKL / 2 INT / 8 PD