Table of Contents
The Southern Jaguars (4-6) visit the Youngstown State Penguins (7-4) after losing three road games in a row. The Penguins are favored by 9.5 points in the contest, which tips at 8:00 PM ET on Friday, December 16, 2022. The matchup has an over/under of 153.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Penguins vs. Jaguars
- Game Day: Friday, December 16, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Youngstown, Ohio
- Arena: Beeghly Center
Youngstown State Betting Stats & Information
- Youngstown State is 4-3 in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 57.1%).
- The Penguins have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -429 or shorter.
- The Penguins’ ATS record is 6-4-0 this season.
- The Jaguars have a 4-1 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 9.5 points or more.
- Youngstown State’s average total in matchups this year has been 159.2, 5.7 points higher than the total in this particular game.
Southern Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Southern has been the underdog six times and won one of those games.
- The Jaguars have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +340 moneyline set for this game.
- So far this year, the Jaguars have compiled a 6-2-0 record against the spread.
- The Jaguars are 4-1 against the spread when an underdog by 9.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total for Southern this season is 6.5 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Youngstown State vs. Southern Season Stat Comparison
|Youngstown State Rank||Youngstown State AVG||Southern AVG||Southern Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Youngstown State Penguins Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Penguins is Dwayne Cohill, who scores 16.7 points and distributes 4.1 assists per game.
- Adrian Nelson leads Youngstown State in rebounding, pulling down 9.2 boards per game while also scoring 12.3 points a contest.
- Brandon Rush makes more threes per game than any other member of the Penguins, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
Southern Jaguars Leaders
- Brion Whitley is the top scorer for the Jaguars with 12.9 points per game. He also tacks on two rebounds and one assist per game to his stats.
- Terrell Williams Jr. puts up a stat line of 3.9 rebounds, 5.4 points and 0.8 assists per game for Southern to take the top rebound spot on the team. P.J. Byrd holds the top spot for assists with 5.2 per game, adding 8.3 points and 3.6 rebounds per outing.
- Whitley hits 2.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Jaguars.