Table of Contents
The Chicago State Cougars (3-10) are 6-point underdogs as they attempt to turn around a three-game losing streak when they visit the Illinois State Redbirds (5-7) on Monday, December 19, 2022 at Redbird Arena. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 133.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Redbirds vs. Cougars
- Game Day: Monday, December 19, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Normal, Illinois
- Arena: Redbird Arena
Illinois State Betting Stats & Information
- Illinois State has won four of six games when favored on the moneyline this season (66.7%).
- The Redbirds have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -253 or shorter.
- The Redbirds are 4-8-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 6-point underdogs this year, the Cougars are 7-4 against the spread.
- The average over/under Illinois State has had in its games this year is 5.4 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Chicago State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Chicago State has won two out of the 12 games, or 16.7%, in which it has been the underdog.
- The Cougars have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +205 odds on them winning this game.
- The Cougars’ ATS record is 8-5-0 this year.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 6 points or more, the Cougars have a 7-4 record against the spread.
- Chicago State’s games this year have averaged an over/under of 142.5 points, nine more than the point total in this matchup.
Illinois State vs. Chicago State Season Stat Comparison
|Illinois State Rank||Illinois State AVG||Chicago State AVG||Chicago State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Illinois State Redbirds Leaders
- Kendall Lewis leads the Redbirds in scoring and rebounding, tallying 12.8 points and 7.8 boards per game.
- Darius Burford is Illinois State’s best passer, dishing out 2.3 assists per game while scoring 11.1 PPG.
- The Redbirds get the most three-point shooting production out of Colton Sandage, who makes 1.6 threes per game.
Chicago State Cougars Leaders
- Wesley Cardet Jr.’s points (16 per game) and assists (2.8 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Cougars’ leaderboards.
- Jahsean Corbett grabs 8.4 rebounds per game (he also scores 13.8 points per game and adds 1.1 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Chicago State rebounding leaderboard.
- Elijah Weaver makes 1.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Cougars.