Table of Contents
The New Orleans Saints (5-9) go on the road to meet the Cleveland Browns (6-8) at FirstEnergy Stadium on Saturday, December 24, 2022.
The Browns are compiling 22.4 points per game on offense, which ranks them 13th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 20th, allowing 23.3 points per contest. With 343.8 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Saints rank 17th in the NFL in 2022. On defense, they rank 11th, giving up 327.6 total yards per game.
Browns vs. Saints Picks
At the moment, 12.2% of BetterPool users are picking the Saints to upset the Browns, with 21.2% picking the Saints to cover the 2.5-point spread on Saturday.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Browns vs. Saints
- Game Day: Saturday, December 24, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: FirstEnergy Stadium
To help you make an informed wager on Cleveland-New Orleans matchup (in which Cleveland is a 2.5-point favorite and the total has been set at 32 points), below are some betting insights and trends for Saturday’s game.
Betting Insights for Browns
- The Browns’ ATS record is 7-7-0 this season.
- The Browns are 3-2 against the spread when favored by 2.5 points or more this season.
- Browns games have gone over the point total on seven of 14 occasions (50%).
Stats & Insights for Browns
- The Browns are totaling 362.6 yards per game on offense, which ranks them eighth in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 18th, surrendering 342.4 yards per contest.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Browns rank 13th in the NFL with 22.4 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 20th in points allowed (342.4 points allowed per contest).
- The Browns are compiling 213.6 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 20th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 12th, allowing 209.4 passing yards per contest.
- The Browns rank 24th in run defense this year (133.1 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 149 rushing yards per game.
- The Browns are averaging a 37.5% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 22nd in the NFL. Defensively, they rank sixth, giving up a 36.7% third-down conversion rate.
- The Browns are gaining 5.6 yards per play (18th in the league), while allowing 5.8 per play on the defensive side of the ball (17th in the NFL) this season.
- The Browns rank 23rd in the league with a -3 turnover margin after forcing 15 turnovers (22nd in the NFL) while committing 18 (18th in the NFL).
Best Players for Browns
- Jacoby Brissett: 2,608 PASS YDS / 186.3 YPG / 64% / 12 TD / 6 INT / 48 CAR / 241 RUSH YDS / 2 TD
- Nick Chubb: 252 CAR / 1,252 YDS / 89.4 YPG / 12 TD / 20 REC / 172 YDS / 12.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Kareem Hunt: 110 CAR / 447 YDS / 31.9 YPG / 3 TD / 28 REC / 182 YDS / 13 YPG / 1 TD
- Amari Cooper: 67 REC / 932 YDS / 66.6 YPG / 7 TD
- Donovan Peoples-Jones: 57 REC / 782 YDS / 55.9 YPG / 2 TD
- David Njoku: 51 REC / 551 YDS / 50.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Myles Garrett: 42 TKL / 15 TFL / 13.5 SACK / 4 PD
- Grant Delpit: 83 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 INT / 7 PD
- Denzel Ward: 50 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 INT / 12 PD
Betting Insights for Saints
- The Saints’ ATS record is 5-9-0 this season.
- The Saints have a 2-4 record against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or more this year.
- The Saints have gone over in six of their 14 games with a set total (42.9%).
Stats & Insights for Saints
- The Saints rank 17th with 343.8 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 11th with 327.6 total yards given up per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Saints rank 22nd in the NFL with 20.4 points per contest on offense, and they rank 17th with 22.5 points surrendered per contest on defense.
- With 232.5 passing yards per game on offense, the Saints rank 12th in the NFL. On defense, they rank seventh, allowing 195.1 passing yards per contest.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Saints are putting up 111.3 rushing yards per game (21st-ranked). They rank 23rd in the NFL on the other side of the ball (132.6 rushing yards surrendered per game).
- The Saints are putting up a 40% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (16th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering a 41.4% third-down rate (22nd-ranked) on defense.
- The Saints rank sixth in the NFL with 6 yards per play on offense, and they rank sixth with 5.4 yards ceded per play on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Saints own a bottom-five turnover margin this season, second-worst at -12.
Best Players for Saints
- Andy Dalton: 2,403 PASS YDS / 218.5 YPG / 66.8% / 17 TD / 7 INT
- Alvin Kamara: 164 CAR / 641 YDS / 53.4 YPG / 1 TD / 53 REC / 446 YDS / 37.2 YPG / 2 TD
- Taysom Hill: 68 CAR / 449 YDS / 34.5 YPG / 5 TD / 7 REC / 66 YDS / 5.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Chris Olave: 63 REC / 940 YDS / 72.3 YPG / 3 TD
- Juwan Johnson: 35 REC / 416 YDS / 32 YPG / 7 TD
- Demario Davis: 88 TKL / 8 TFL / 6.5 SACK / 1 INT / 5 PD
- Tyrann Mathieu: 70 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 INT / 7 PD