Table of Contents
The Boston Celtics (22-10) are 9.5-point favorites as they attempt to stop a four-game home losing streak when they square off against the Minnesota Timberwolves (16-16) on Friday, December 23, 2022 at TD Garden. The matchup airs at 7:30 PM ET on NBCS-BOS and BSN. The matchup’s point total is set at 231.5.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. NBA pools are back! Hit your own 3 pointer with RunYourPool today.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Celtics vs. Timberwolves
- Game Day: Friday, December 23, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBCS-BOS and BSN
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Arena: TD Garden
Celtics Betting Stats & Information
- The Celtics have compiled a 20-10 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 66.7% of those games).
- In games it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -403 or shorter, Boston has a record of 4-3 (57.1% win percentage).
- The Celtics are 17-14-1 against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 9.5-point favorites this season, the Celtics are 3-4 against the spread.
- The average point total for Boston’s games this year is 1.2 fewer points than the total of 231.5 in this matchup.
- Celtics games have hit the over in 17 out of 32 opportunities (53.1%).
Minnesota Betting Stats & Info
- This season, the Timberwolves have won five out of the 14 games, or 35.7%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Minnesota has not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +317.
- The Timberwolves are 13-19-0 against the spread this year.
- Minnesota’s games this year have averaged a total of 230.4 points, 1.1 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- Timberwolves games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 13 times this year.
Celtics vs. Timberwolves Season Stat Comparison
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Timberwolves AVG||Timberwolves Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Boston Celtics Leaders
- The Celtics get 30.6 points, 8.1 rebounds and 4.1 assists from Jayson Tatum.
- Marcus Smart contributes 11.8 points per game and adds 3.3 rebounds and 7.3 assists for the Celtics.
- The Celtics get 3.3 three-pointers per game out of Tatum.
Minnesota Timberwolves Leaders
- Anthony Edwards scores 23 points per game, while also grabbing six rebounds and dishing out 4.5 assists per game.
- Rudy Gobert is on the books for 14.3 points, 12.3 rebounds and 0.9 assists per game, while D’Angelo Russell adds 16.5 points, 3.2 rebounds and 6.4 assists per game.
- Edwards is dependable from deep with 2.5 made threes per game.