Table of Contents
The Chicago State Cougars (3-11) are heavy underdogs (+12.5) as they try to end a four-game losing streak when they visit the Minnesota Golden Gophers (5-6) at 1:00 PM ET on Thursday, December 22, 2022 at Williams Arena. The matchup has an over/under of 134.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Golden Gophers vs. Cougars
- Game Day: Thursday, December 22, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Arena: Williams Arena
Minnesota Betting Stats & Information
- Minnesota has been favored on the moneyline a total of four times this season, and it has won each of those games.
- The Golden Gophers have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -900 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Golden Gophers have compiled a 4-7-0 record against the spread.
- The Cougars have a 3-2 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 12.5 points or more this year.
- The average total Minnesota has had set in matchups this year is 2.8 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
Chicago State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Chicago State has been the underdog 13 times and won two of those games.
- The Cougars have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +583.
- The Cougars are 8-6-0 ATS this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 12.5 points or more, the Cougars have a 3-2 record against the spread.
- The average total for Chicago State’s games this year is 6.2 more points than the point total of 134.5 in this outing.
Minnesota vs. Chicago State Season Stat Comparison
|Minnesota Rank||Minnesota AVG||Chicago State AVG||Chicago State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Minnesota Golden Gophers Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Golden Gophers is Dawson Garcia, who averages 13.9 points and 5.5 rebounds per game.
- Minnesota’s best passer is Ta’Lon Cooper, who averages 6.7 assists per game to go with his 10.6 PPG scoring average.
- Jamison Battle makes more threes per game than any other member of the Golden Gophers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.7 per contest.
Chicago State Cougars Leaders
- Wesley Cardet Jr.’s points (15.3 per game) and assists (2.9 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Cougars’ leaderboards.
- Jahsean Corbett’s stat line of 8.1 rebounds, 13.8 points and one assist per game helps him grab the top spot on the Chicago State rebounding leaderboard.
- Elijah Weaver is consistent from distance and leads the Cougars with 1.8 made threes per game.