Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-8) host a NFC South clash against the Carolina Panthers (6-9) on Sunday, January 1, 2023 at Raymond James Stadium.
The Buccaneers are totaling 346.3 yards per game on offense (15th in NFL), and they rank sixth defensively with 315.4 yards allowed per game. The Panthers rank fourth-worst in total yards per game (306.9), but they’ve been better on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 19th in the NFL with 344.3 total yards allowed per contest.
Buccaneers vs. Panthers Picks
The Buccaneers are picked by BetterPool users to both win straight up and cover the spread against the Panthers on Sunday. At the moment, 73.8% of users are picking them to win and 100.0% expect the Buccaneers to cover the 3-point spread.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Buccaneers vs. Panthers
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
Before you bet on Sunday’s Tampa Bay-Carolina spread (Tampa Bay -3) or over/under (39.5 points), take a look at the betting trends and insights below.
Betting Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers’ ATS record is 3-11-1 this season.
- The Buccaneers have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 3 points or more this season (0-6-1).
- Four of the Buccaneers’ 15 games with a set total have hit the over (26.7%).
Stats & Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers are compiling 346.3 yards per game on offense (15th in NFL), and they rank sixth on defense with 315.4 yards allowed per game.
- The Buccaneers have been a bottom-five scoring offense this year, ranking fifth-worst with 17.7 points per game. On the defensive side of the ball, they are ranked seventh in the NFL (20.3 points allowed per game).
- The Buccaneers have been surging on both sides of the ball in the passing game, ranking fourth-best in passing offense (269.3 passing yards per game) and fourth-best in passing defense (195.1 passing yards allowed per game).
- While the Buccaneers’ run defense ranks 17th with 120.3 rushing yards allowed per game, they’ve been worse on offense, ranking worst (77 rushing yards per game).
- The Buccaneers are putting up a 37.6% third-down percentage on offense this year (21st in NFL), and they are giving up a 36.7% third-down percentage (sixth) on the defensive side of the ball.
- This season, the Buccaneers are putting up 5.2 yards per play on offense (27th in the league), while featuring the fourth-best yards per play on defense in the NFL (5.3).
- The Buccaneers rank 26th in the league with a -4 turnover margin after forcing 16 turnovers (21st in the NFL) while committing 20 (19th in the NFL).
Best Players for Buccaneers
- Tom Brady: 4,178 PASS YDS / 278.5 YPG / 66% / 21 TD / 9 INT
- Leonard Fournette: 179 CAR / 640 YDS / 45.7 YPG / 3 TD / 68 REC / 500 YDS / 35.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Rachaad White: 114 CAR / 444 YDS / 29.6 YPG / 1 TD / 45 REC / 264 YDS / 17.6 YPG / 2 TD
- Mike Evans: 67 REC / 917 YDS / 65.5 YPG / 3 TD
- Chris Godwin: 89 REC / 848 YDS / 65.2 YPG / 3 TD
- Vita Vea: 31 TKL / 7 TFL / 6.5 SACK
- Devin White: 115 TKL / 8 TFL / 5.5 SACK / 5 PD
- Mike Edwards: 76 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 SACK / 2 INT / 3 PD
Betting Insights for Panthers
- The Panthers’ ATS record is 8-7-0 this season.
- The Panthers have a 4-3 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 3 points or more.
- Seven of the Panthers’ 15 games with a set total have hit the over (46.7%).
Stats & Insights for Panthers
- The Panthers’ offense has been a bottom-five unit in total offense this season, compiling 306.9 total yards per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 19th with 344.3 total yards ceded per contest.
- The Panthers rank 18th in the NFL with 20.9 points per contest on offense, and they rank 19th with 22.5 points surrendered per contest on defense.
- The Panthers rank fourth-worst in passing yards per game (175.9), but they’ve been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 18th in the NFL with 219.3 passing yards allowed per contest.
- The Panthers rank 10th in the NFL with 131 rushing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 21st with 125 rushing yards given up per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Panthers’ offense has been struggling on third down, ranking second-worst in the NFL with a 29.4% third-down conversion rate. They have been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, surrendering a 42.9% third-down rate (27th-ranked).
- The Panthers rank 17th in the NFL with 5.6 yards per play on offense, and they rank 10th with 5.5 yards ceded per play on defense.
- The Panthers have a -1 turnover margin this season, which ranks 17th in the NFL.
Best Players for Panthers
- Sam Darnold: 759 PASS YDS / 189.8 YPG / 61.4% / 4 TD / 0 INT / 15 CAR / 54 RUSH YDS / 2 TD
- D’Onta Foreman: 178 CAR / 811 YDS / 54.1 YPG / 5 TD / 5 REC / 26 YDS / 1.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Chuba Hubbard: 71 CAR / 385 YDS / 29.6 YPG / 2 TD / 11 REC / 118 YDS / 9.1 YPG / 0 TD
- D.J. Moore: 56 REC / 761 YDS / 50.7 YPG / 6 TD
- Terrace Marshall Jr.: 24 REC / 452 YDS / 37.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Laviska Shenault Jr.: 24 REC / 251 YDS / 22.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Brian Burns: 60 TKL / 16 TFL / 12.5 SACK / 3 PD
- Shaq Thompson: 116 TKL / 8 TFL / 0.5 SACK / 4 PD
- Jaycee Horn: 53 TKL / 2 TFL / 3 INT / 7 PD