Table of Contents
The UMBC Retrievers (9-5, 0-0 America East) host the Vermont Catamounts (6-8, 0-0 America East) after winning five straight home games. The Retrievers are favored by only 1.5 points in the contest, which tips at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 1, 2023. The point total is 142.5 for the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Retrievers vs. Catamounts
- Game Day: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Arena: UMBC Event Center
UMBC Betting Stats & Information
- UMBC has won all seven games when listed as the moneyline favorite this season.
- The Retrievers have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -131 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Retrievers have put together an 8-5-0 record against the spread.
- The Catamounts are 2-3 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this year.
- The average total in UMBC’s games this year is 7.4 more points than the total of 142.5 in this game.
Vermont Betting Stats & Info
- Vermont has been underdogs in six games this season and won one (16.7%) of those contests.
- The Catamounts have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +105 moneyline set for this game.
- The Catamounts are 6-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The Catamounts are 2-3 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The average total for Vermont’s games this season is five fewer points than the point total of 142.5 for this outing.
UMBC vs. Vermont Season Stat Comparison
|UMBC Rank||UMBC AVG||Vermont AVG||Vermont Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
UMBC Retrievers Leaders
- Colton Lawrence leads the Retrievers in scoring, tallying 13.7 points per game to go with 4.4 rebounds and 1.9 assists.
- Tra’Von Fagan is UMBC’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.6 per game, while Craig Beaudion is its best passer, distributing 3.1 assists in each contest.
- Matteo Picarelli leads the Retrievers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.7 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Vermont Catamounts Leaders
- Robin Duncan has racked up 6.8 boards and 3.1 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Catamounts leaderboards in those stat categories.
- Aaron Deloney counts for 12.4 points per game, making him the top scorer on Vermont’s team.
- Deloney is reliable from distance and leads the Catamounts with two made threes per game.