Table of Contents
The Akron Zips (8-5, 0-0 MAC) are heavily favored (by 14 points) to build on a five-game home win streak when they host the Northern Illinois Huskies (4-9, 0-0 MAC) on Tuesday, January 3, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 133.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Zips vs. Huskies
- Game Day: Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Akron, Ohio
- Arena: James A. Rhodes Arena
Akron Betting Stats & Information
- Akron has been the moneyline favorite a total of five times this season, and it has won all of those games.
- The Zips have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -1310 or shorter.
- The Zips’ ATS record is 3-8-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 14-point underdogs this season, the Huskies are 3-1 against the spread.
- Akron’s average point total in outings this season is 132, 1.5 points below the total in this game.
Northern Illinois Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Northern Illinois has won one out of the seven games in which it has been the underdog.
- The Huskies have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +717 moneyline set for this game.
- The Huskies’ ATS record is 6-5-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 14-point underdogs this year, the Huskies are 3-1 against the spread.
- Northern Illinois’ games this season have averaged an over/under of 145.5 points, 12 more than the point total in this matchup.
Akron vs. Northern Illinois Season Stat Comparison
|Akron Rank||Akron AVG||Northern Illinois AVG||Northern Illinois Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Akron Zips Leaders
- Xavier Castaneda leads the Zips in points and assists per game, scoring 19.5 points and distributing 3 assists.
- Enrique Freeman leads Akron in rebounding, pulling down 10 boards per game while also scoring 12.7 points a contest.
- Castaneda leads the Zips in three-point shooting, making an average of 3.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Northern Illinois Huskies Leaders
- The Huskies’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Keshawn Williams with 19.5 points and five rebounds per game.
- Kaleb Thornton notches more assists than any other Northern Illinois teammate with 3.3 per game. He also averages 4.3 points and grabs 1.8 rebounds per game.
- David Coit knocks down 2.6 three-pointers per game, the most on the Huskies.