Table of Contents
The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (1-13, 0-0 SWAC) are underdogs (by 8.5 points) to end a 12-game road losing streak when they visit the Alabama State Hornets (2-11, 0-0 SWAC) on Monday, January 2, 2023 at 6:30 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is set at 133.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Hornets vs. Delta Devils
- Game Day: Monday, January 2, 2023
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Location: Montgomery, Alabama
- Arena: Dunn-Oliver Acadome
Alabama State Betting Stats & Information
- Alabama State has been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game it won.
- The Hornets have not played a game with moneyline odds of -426 or shorter.
- The Hornets’ ATS record is 7-6-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 8.5-point underdogs this year, the Delta Devils are 9-5 against the spread.
- The average total Alabama State has had in its games this year is 10.2 more points than this particular game’s point total.
Mississippi Valley State Betting Stats & Info
- Mississippi Valley State has entered the game as underdogs 11 times this season and won once.
- The Delta Devils have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +315 moneyline set for this game.
- So far this season, the Delta Devils have put together a 9-5-0 record against the spread.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 8.5 points or more, the Delta Devils have a 9-5 record against the spread.
- The average point total for Mississippi Valley State this season is 3.5 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Alabama State vs. Mississippi Valley State Season Stat Comparison
|Alabama State Rank||Alabama State AVG||Mississippi Valley State AVG||Mississippi Valley State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Alabama State Hornets Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Hornets is Ashton McClelland, who scores points and dishes out assists per game.
- Antonio Madlock is Alabama State’s best rebounder, grabbing an average of 6.2 boards in each contest while scoring 11.5 points per game.
- McClelland makes more threes per game than any other member of the Hornets, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of per contest.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils Leaders
- Terry Collins averages 14.8 points and adds 1.7 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Delta Devils’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Rayquan Brown’s stat line of 10.3 rebounds, 12.8 points and 1.3 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Mississippi Valley State rebounding leaderboard.
- Collins knocks down 2.4 three-pointers per game, the most on the Delta Devils.