Table of Contents
The Charlotte Hornets (10-27) take the court against the Los Angeles Lakers (15-21) as just 1-point favorites on Monday, January 2, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET on BSSE and SportsNet LA. The matchup has an over/under of 242.5.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. NBA pools are back! Hit your own 3 pointer with RunYourPool today.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Hornets vs. Lakers
- Game Day: Monday, January 2, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSSE and SportsNet LA
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Arena: Spectrum Center
Hornets Betting Stats & Information
- The Hornets have compiled a 4-5 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 44.4% of those games).
- Charlotte has a record of 3-5 in games it has played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -119 or shorter (winning 37.5%).
- The Hornets’ ATS record is 16-20-1 this season.
- The Hornets have a 4-5 record against the spread when favored by 1 point or more this season.
- The average total Charlotte has had set in matchups this year is 13.2 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Hornets games have gone over the point total in 18 out of 36 opportunities (50%).
Los Angeles Betting Stats & Info
- The Lakers have entered the game as underdogs 26 times this season and won nine, or 34.6%, of those games.
- This season, Los Angeles has won eight of its 25 games, or 32%, when it is the underdog by at least +100 on the moneyline.
- The Lakers have covered the spread 14 times in 36 games with a set spread.
- In games they were an underdog in by 1 point or more so far this year, the Lakers went 9-16-1 against the spread.
- The average point total for Los Angeles this season is 8.8 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
- Lakers games have gone over the total 22 times this year.
Hornets vs. Lakers Season Stat Comparison
|Hornets Rank||Hornets AVG||Lakers AVG||Lakers Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Charlotte Hornets Leaders
- Kelly Oubre Jr. leads active Hornets players in scoring, tallying 20.2 points per game to go with 5.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists.
- Terry Rozier contributes with 19.8 points, 5.4 assists and 4.4 rebounds per game, and Mason Plumlee adds 10.5 points, 3.7 assists and 9.2 rebounds per matchup.
- Oubre leads active Hornets in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Los Angeles Lakers Leaders
- LeBron James’ averages this season are 28.5 points, 8.1 rebounds and 6.6 assists per game.
- Russell Westbrook averages 14.7 points, 6.3 rebounds and 7.8 assists per game.
- James is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Lakers (among active players), hitting 2.1 threes per game.