Table of Contents
The Providence Friars (12-3, 4-0 Big East) are 5-point underdogs as they try to continue a five-game home winning streak when they host the No. 4 UConn Huskies (14-1, 3-1 Big East) on Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at Amica Mutual Pavilion. The matchup airs at 8:30 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 142.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Huskies vs. Friars
- Game Day: Wednesday, January 4, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Location: Providence, Rhode Island
- Arena: Amica Mutual Pavilion
UConn Betting Stats & Information
- UConn has won 90.9% of its games this season when the moneyline favorite (10-1).
- The Huskies have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -219 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Huskies have put together a 10-4-0 record against the spread.
- The Friars have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 5 points or more this year (0-1).
- The average total UConn has had in its matchups this season is one more point than this particular game’s point total.
Providence Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Providence has been the underdog six times and won three of those games.
- The Friars have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +178.
- The Friars are 9-6-0 ATS this year.
- The Friars have not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 5 points or more this season (0-1).
- The average over/under in Providence’s games this year is 5.9 more points than the point total of 142 for this outing.
UConn vs. Providence Season Stat Comparison
|UConn Rank||UConn AVG||Providence AVG||Providence Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
UConn Huskies Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Huskies is Adama Sanogo, who averages 17.8 points and 6.7 rebounds per game.
- Andre Jackson leads UConn in assists, averaging 5.1 per game while also scoring 6.7 points per contest.
- Jordan Hawkins leads the Huskies in three-point shooting, making an average of three shots per game from beyond the arc.
Providence Friars Leaders
- The Friars’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Bryce Hopkins with 15.7 points and 9.5 rebounds per game.
- Providence’s assist leader is Jared Bynum with 4.7 per game. He also records 9.7 points per game and tacks on 2.5 rebounds per game.
- Noah Locke is reliable from distance and leads the Friars with 1.8 made threes per game.