Table of Contents
The Georgetown Hoyas (5-10, 0-4 Big East) will attempt to break a five-game losing streak when they host the Villanova Wildcats (7-7, 1-2 Big East) on Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at Capital One Arena as 9-point underdogs. The contest airs at 6:30 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 143.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Wildcats vs. Hoyas
- Game Day: Wednesday, January 4, 2023
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Arena: Capital One Arena
Villanova Betting Stats & Information
- Villanova has a 6-5 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 54.5% of those games).
- The Wildcats have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -452 or shorter.
- The Wildcats have gone 5-9-0 ATS this season.
- When they have played as at least 9-point underdogs this season, the Hoyas are 2-1 against the spread.
- Villanova’s average point total in matchups this year is 138.4, 5.1 points fewer than the over/under in this game.
Georgetown Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Georgetown has been listed as the underdog in seven games and failed to win any of those contests.
- The Hoyas have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +340 odds on them winning this game.
- The Hoyas are 5-10-0 ATS this year.
- When they have played as at least 9-point underdogs this year, the Hoyas are 2-1 against the spread.
- The average total for Georgetown’s games this year is 7.6 more points than the point total of 143.5 for this outing.
Villanova vs. Georgetown Season Stat Comparison
|Villanova Rank||Villanova AVG||Georgetown AVG||Georgetown Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Villanova Wildcats Leaders
- Caleb Daniels leads the Wildcats in points and assists per game, scoring 16 points and distributing 3.4 assists.
- Villanova’s best rebounder is Eric Dixon, who averages 6.3 boards per game in addition to his 16 PPG average.
- Daniels makes more threes per game than any other member of the Wildcats, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.1 per contest.
Georgetown Hoyas Leaders
- The Hoyas’ Amir “Primo” Spears puts up enough points (16 per game) and assists (4.9 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- Qudus Wahab is at the top of the Georgetown rebounding leaderboard with 8.1 rebounds per game. He also racks up 11.1 points and tacks on 0.1 assists per game.
- Brandon Murray is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Hoyas, hitting 1.7 threes per game.