Table of Contents
The Pittsburgh Panthers (10-4, 3-0 ACC) are underdogs (by 4.5 points) to build on a six-game home winning streak when they host the No. 13 Virginia Cavaliers (10-2, 2-1 ACC) on Tuesday, January 3, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 129.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cavaliers vs. Panthers
- Game Day: Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Arena: Petersen Events Center
Virginia Betting Stats & Information
- Virginia has been favored on the moneyline six times this season. They’ve finished 5-1 in those games.
- The Cavaliers have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -222 or shorter.
- The Cavaliers have gone 4-8-0 ATS this season.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 4.5 points or more, the Panthers have a 3-1 record against the spread.
- Virginia’s average point total in matchups this season is 128.5, one points below the over/under in this game.
Pittsburgh Betting Stats & Info
- Pittsburgh has entered the game as underdogs eight times this season and won four of those games.
- The Panthers have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +178.
- The Panthers have gone 10-4-0 ATS this year.
- The Panthers have a 3-1 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 4.5 points or more.
- The average over/under for Pittsburgh’s games this season is 14.2 more points than the point total of 129.5 in this outing.
Virginia vs. Pittsburgh Season Stat Comparison
|Virginia Rank||Virginia AVG||Pittsburgh AVG||Pittsburgh Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Virginia Cavaliers Leaders
- Jayden Gardner leads the Cavaliers in scoring and rebounding, putting up 12 points and 5.7 boards per game.
- Kihei Clark leads Virginia in assists, averaging 5.8 per game while also scoring 11.5 points per contest.
- The Cavaliers get the most three-point shooting production out of Armaan Franklin, who makes 1.9 threes per game.
Pittsburgh Panthers Leaders
- The Panthers’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Blake Hinson with 17.1 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Pittsburgh’s assist leader is Nelly Cummings with 4.9 per game. He also records 11.1 points per game and adds 2.8 rebounds per game.
- Greg Elliott is consistent from deep and leads the Panthers with 2.1 made threes per game.