Table of Contents
The Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions (4-10, 0-1 SWAC) are underdogs (by 4 points) to stop a 10-game road losing streak when they visit the Alabama State Hornets (3-11, 1-0 SWAC) on Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at 8:30 PM ET. The over/under is 140.5 for the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Hornets vs. Golden Lions
- Game Day: Wednesday, January 4, 2023
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- Location: Montgomery, Alabama
- Arena: Dunn-Oliver Acadome
Alabama State Betting Stats & Information
- Alabama State has been listed as the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and it won both of the games.
- The Hornets have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -192 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Hornets have put together an 8-6-0 record against the spread.
- In games they have played as at least 4-point underdogs this season, the Golden Lions are 4-6 against the spread.
- The average over/under Alabama State has had in its games this year is 2.3 more points than this particular game’s point total.
UAPB Betting Stats & Info
- This season, UAPB has been listed as the underdog in eight games and failed to win any of those contests.
- The Golden Lions have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +152 odds on them winning this game.
- The Golden Lions are 5-6-0 against the spread this season.
- The Golden Lions are 4-6 against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or more this season.
- The average over/under for UAPB’s games this season is 7.4 fewer points than the point total of 140.5 for this outing.
Alabama State vs. UAPB Season Stat Comparison
|Alabama State Rank||Alabama State AVG||UAPB AVG||UAPB Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Alabama State Hornets Leaders
- The Hornets leader in points and assists is Ashton McClelland, who scores points per game to go with assists.
- Alabama State’s best rebounder is Antonio Madlock, who averages 6.3 boards per game in addition to his 12.3 PPG average.
- McClelland makes more threes per game than any other member of the Hornets, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of per contest.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions Leaders
- Shaun Doss averages 16.6 points per game to be the top scorer for the Golden Lions.
- The UAPB leaders in rebounding and assists are Ismael Plet with 6.4 rebounds per game (he also adds 5.4 points and 0.4 assists per game) and Kylen Milton with 4.9 assists per game (he also tacks on 11 points and 4.4 rebounds per game).
- Chris Greene is reliable from distance and leads the Golden Lions with two made threes per game.