Table of Contents
The Loyola Marymount Lions (11-5, 1-1 WCC) are slight underdogs (by 1 point) to build on a seven-game home win streak when they host the BYU Cougars (12-5, 2-0 WCC) on Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 11:00 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is 143.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cougars vs. Lions
- Game Day: Thursday, January 5, 2023
- Game Time: 11:00 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Arena: Gersten Pavilion
BYU Betting Stats & Information
- BYU has compiled a 7-3 record in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 70% of those games).
- The Cougars have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -111 or shorter.
- The Cougars’ ATS record is 7-7-1 this season.
- The Lions are 5-3 against the spread when an underdog by 1 point or more this year.
- The average over/under BYU has had set in games this year is 0.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
Loyola Marymount Betting Stats & Info
- Loyola Marymount has entered the game as underdogs eight times this season and won five of those games.
- The Lions have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than -111.
- So far this year, the Lions have put together a 9-6-0 record against the spread.
- In games this season in which they were an underdog by 1 point or more, the Lions have a 5-3 record against the spread.
- The average total for Loyola Marymount’s games this season is 3.4 more points than the point total of 143.5 in this outing.
BYU vs. Loyola Marymount Season Stat Comparison
|BYU Rank||BYU AVG||Loyola Marymount AVG||Loyola Marymount Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
BYU Cougars Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Cougars this season is Rudi Williams, who averages 12.9 points, 2.6 rebounds, and 3.2 assists per game.
- BYU’s leading rebounder is Fousseyni Traore averaging 8.3 boards per game and its best passer is Dallin Hall and his 3.4 assists per game.
- The Cougars get the most three-point shooting production out of Jaxson Robinson, who knocks down 2.1 threes per game.
Loyola Marymount Lions Leaders
- The Lions’ Cameron Shelton averages enough points (18.3 per game) and assists (4.3 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- Keli Leaupepe grabs 6.9 rebounds per game (he also scores 13.9 points per game and adds 1.2 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the Loyola Marymount rebounding leaderboard.
- Chance Stephens makes 2.1 three-pointers per game, the most on the Lions.