Table of Contents
The No. 2 Houston Cougars (14-1, 2-0 AAC) are heavily favored (by 21 points) to extend a three-game home win streak when they host the SMU Mustangs (6-8, 1-0 AAC) on Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under is 130.5 in the matchup.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cougars vs. Mustangs
- Game Day: Thursday, January 5, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Arena: Fertitta Center
Houston Betting Stats & Information
- Houston has been the moneyline favorite 11 times this season. They’ve finished 10-1 in those games.
- The Cougars have not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -5714 or shorter.
- The Cougars’ ATS record is 10-5-0 this season.
- Houston’s average point total in outings this year is 125.9, 4.6 points less than the over/under in this game.
SMU Betting Stats & Info
- This season, SMU has been the underdog seven times and won two of those games.
- The Mustangs have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +1775.
- The Mustangs are 6-7-1 ATS this season.
- The average over/under in SMU’s games this season is 9.5 more points than the point total of 130.5 in this outing.
Houston vs. SMU Season Stat Comparison
|Houston Rank||Houston AVG||SMU AVG||SMU Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Houston Cougars Leaders
- The Cougars scoring leader is Marcus Sasser, who averages 15.9 per contest to go with 2.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
- Houston’s leading rebounder is J’wan Roberts averaging 7.1 boards per game and its best passer is Jamal Shead and his 5.5 assists per game.
- Sasser leads the Cougars in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.2 shots per game from beyond the arc.
SMU Mustangs Leaders
- Zhruic Phelps’ points (18.4 per game) and assists (2.6 per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Mustangs’ leaderboards.
- Samuell Williamson is at the top of the SMU rebounding leaderboard with 7.2 rebounds per game. He also racks up 9 points and adds 2.4 assists per game.
- Zach Nutall is reliable from three-point range and leads the Mustangs with 1.9 made threes per game.