Table of Contents
The Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles (8-7, 1-1 OVC) are slight underdogs (by 1.5 points) to end a four-game road losing streak when they visit the Morehead State Eagles (8-7, 1-1 OVC) on Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 143.5 points.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Eagles vs. Screaming Eagles
- Game Day: Thursday, January 5, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Morehead, Kentucky
- Arena: Ellis T. Johnson Arena
Morehead State Betting Stats & Information
- Morehead State has compiled a 2-1 record in games when it was favored on the moneyline (winning 66.7% of those games).
- The Eagles have not played as a moneyline favorite of -125 or shorter.
- The Eagles have a 5-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Screaming Eagles have a 4-2 record against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this year.
- Morehead State’s average point total in matchups this season is 139.1, 4.4 points below the total in this game.
Southern Indiana Betting Stats & Info
- Southern Indiana has been underdogs in six games this season and won three (50%) of those contests.
- The Screaming Eagles have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +103.
- So far this year, the Screaming Eagles have compiled a 4-6-1 record against the spread.
- The Screaming Eagles are 4-2 against the spread when an underdog by 1.5 points or more this season.
- The average point total for Southern Indiana this year is 6.2 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Morehead State vs. Southern Indiana Season Stat Comparison
|Morehead State Rank||Morehead State AVG||Southern Indiana AVG||Southern Indiana Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Morehead State Eagles Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Eagles is Mark Freeman, who scores 13.2 points and dishes out 3.5 assists per game.
- Alex Gross leads Morehead State in rebounding, grabbing 7.6 boards per game while also scoring 11.5 points a contest.
- Freeman makes more threes per game than any other member of the Eagles, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.7 per contest.
Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles Leaders
- Jelani Simmons averages 13.5 points per game and is the top scorer for the Screaming Eagles.
- Southern Indiana’s leader in rebounds is Jacob Polakovich with 11.1 per game, and its leader in assists is Isaiah Swope with 3.5 per game.
- Trevor Lakes makes 3.2 three-pointers per game, the most on the Screaming Eagles.