Table of Contents
The Tarleton State Texans (7-7, 1-1 WAC) are slightly favored (by 1 point) to build on a four-game home win streak when they host the Southern Utah Thunderbirds (10-5, 2-0 WAC) on Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 8:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is set at 148.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Texans vs. Thunderbirds
- Game Day: Thursday, January 5, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Location: Stephenville, Texas
- Arena: Wisdom Gym
Tarleton State Betting Stats & Information
- Tarleton State has been the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and it won both of the games.
- The Texans have never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -118 or shorter.
- The Texans’ ATS record is 4-7-0 this season.
- When they have played as at least 1-point underdogs this season, the Thunderbirds are 3-0-1 against the spread.
- Tarleton State’s average point total in outings this season is 141.8, 6.7 points below the total in this game.
Southern Utah Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Southern Utah has been the underdog four times and won one of those games.
- The Thunderbirds have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than -104.
- The Thunderbirds’ ATS record is 5-4-2 this season.
- In games this year in which they were an underdog by 1 point or more, the Thunderbirds have a 3-0-1 record against the spread.
- The average point total for Southern Utah this season is 15 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Tarleton State vs. Southern Utah Season Stat Comparison
|Tarleton State Rank||Tarleton State AVG||Southern Utah AVG||Southern Utah Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Tarleton State Texans Leaders
- The leader in scoring, rebounding and assists for the Texans is Freddy Hicks, who puts up 17.9 points, 6.4 rebounds and three assists per game.
- Lue Williams leads the Texans in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.5 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Southern Utah Thunderbirds Leaders
- Tevian Jones scores 19.9 points per game and is the top scorer for the Thunderbirds.
- Southern Utah’s leader in rebounds is Harrison Butler with 6.9 per game, and its leader in assists is Drake Allen with 3.1 per game.
- Jones is dependable from three-point range and leads the Thunderbirds with 2.9 made threes per game.