Table of Contents
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (10-4, 2-1 Big Ten) are 6-point favorites as they try to extend a three-game home win streak when they take on the Maryland Terrapins (10-4, 1-2 Big Ten) on Thursday, January 5, 2023 at Jersey Mike’s Arena. The game airs at 6:30 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 130.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Scarlet Knights vs. Terrapins
- Game Day: Thursday, January 5, 2023
- Game Time: 6:30 PM ET
- Location: Piscataway, New Jersey
- Arena: Jersey Mike’s Arena
Rutgers Betting Stats & Information
- Rutgers is 8-2 in games when it was listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 80%).
- The Scarlet Knights have not yet played as a moneyline favorite of -253 or shorter.
- So far this season, the Scarlet Knights have put together a 10-4-0 record against the spread.
- The average point total in Rutgers’ games this season is 2.3 fewer points than the total of 130 in this matchup.
Maryland Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Maryland has been the underdog four times and won one of those games.
- The Terrapins have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +202 odds on them winning this game.
- The Terrapins are 8-5-1 against the spread this year.
- The average total for Maryland’s games this year is six more points than the point total of 130 for this outing.
Rutgers vs. Maryland Season Stat Comparison
|Rutgers Rank||Rutgers AVG||Maryland AVG||Maryland Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Rutgers Scarlet Knights Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Scarlet Knights is Clifford Omoruyi, who puts up 14.8 points and 9.8 rebounds per game.
- Paul Mulcahy leads Rutgers in assists, averaging 4.6 per game while also scoring 8 points per contest.
- Cam Spencer leads the Scarlet Knights in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of two shots per game from beyond the arc.
Maryland Terrapins Leaders
- Jahmir Young’s points (14 per game) and assists (three per game) stat lines give him the top scoring and assists spots on the Terrapins’ leaderboards.
- Julian Reese’s stat line of 6.8 rebounds, 10.2 points and 0.8 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Maryland rebounding leaderboard.
- Don Carey is consistent from three-point range and leads the Terrapins with 1.5 made threes per game.