Table of Contents
The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (1-15, 0-2 SWAC) are underdogs (+9.5) as they try to end an 11-game losing streak when they host the Prairie View A&M Panthers (5-10, 1-1 SWAC) at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 7, 2023 at Harrison HPER Complex. The point total for the matchup is set at 132.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Panthers vs. Delta Devils
- Game Day: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Location: Itta Bena, Mississippi
- Arena: Harrison HPER Complex
|Prairie View A&M||-9.5||132.5|
Prairie View A&M Betting Stats & Information
- Prairie View A&M has been the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and it split the two games.
- The Panthers have not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -475 or shorter.
- The Panthers are 5-9-0 against the spread this season.
- The Delta Devils are 10-5 against the spread when an underdog by 9.5 points or more this year.
- The average point total in Prairie View A&M’s games this season is 9.4 more points than the total of 132.5 in this matchup.
Mississippi Valley State Betting Stats & Info
- This season, Mississippi Valley State has been the underdog 13 times and won one of those games.
- The Delta Devils have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +380 moneyline set for this game.
- So far this season, the Delta Devils have compiled a 10-6-0 record against the spread.
- The Delta Devils have a 10-5 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 9.5 points or more.
- The average over/under for Mississippi Valley State’s games this season is 1.6 fewer points than the point total of 132.5 for this outing.
Prairie View A&M vs. Mississippi Valley State Season Stat Comparison
|Prairie View A&M Rank||Prairie View A&M AVG||Mississippi Valley State AVG||Mississippi Valley State Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Prairie View A&M Panthers Leaders
- The Panthers scoring leader is William Douglas, who averages 15.7 per contest to go with 4.5 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Yahuza Rasas leads Prairie View A&M in rebounding, averaging 5.4 per game, while Ricky Nelson leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 2.5 in each contest.
- Jeremiah Gambrell leads the Panthers in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.9 shots per game from beyond the arc.
Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils Leaders
- Rayquan Brown has averaged 8.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists per game, putting him atop the Delta Devils leaderboards in those stat categories.
- Terry Collins scores 14.7 points per game, putting him at the top of the Mississippi Valley State scoring leaderboard. He also grabs 4.3 rebounds and tacks on 1.6 assists per game.
- Collins is the top scorer from distance for the Delta Devils, hitting 2.3 threes per game.