Table of Contents
The St. John’s (NY) Red Storm (11-5, 1-4 Big East) are 7-point underdogs as they look to break a four-game losing streak when they visit the Providence Friars (13-3, 5-0 Big East) on Saturday, January 7, 2023 at Amica Mutual Pavilion. The contest airs at 12:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is 153.5.
Game Info, Betting Lines for Friars vs. Red Storm
- Game Day: Saturday, January 7, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Location: Providence, Rhode Island
- Arena: Amica Mutual Pavilion
Providence Betting Stats & Information
- Providence has won all nine games when favored on the moneyline this season.
- The Friars have not played as a moneyline favorite of -308 or shorter.
- The Friars are 10-6-0 ATS this season.
- The average point total in Providence’s games this year is 6.4 fewer points than the over/under of 153.5 in this matchup.
St. John’s (NY) Betting Stats & Info
- This season, St. John’s (NY) has been listed as the underdog in five games and failed to win any of those contests.
- The Red Storm have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +243 moneyline set for this game.
- The Red Storm’s ATS record is 6-10-0 this season.
- The average point total for St. John’s (NY) this year is 2.2 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Providence vs. St. John’s (NY) Season Stat Comparison
|Providence Rank||Providence AVG||St. John’s (NY) AVG||St. John’s (NY) Rank|
This Matchup’s Impact Players
Providence Friars Leaders
- Bryce Hopkins leads the Friars in scoring and rebounding, tallying 16.4 points and 9.2 rebounds per game.
- Jared Bynum leads Providence in assists, averaging 4.4 per game while also scoring 9.1 points per contest.
- Noah Locke makes more threes per game than any other member of the Friars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.9 per contest.
St. John’s (NY) Red Storm Leaders
- The Red Storm’s leader in scoring and rebounding is Joel Soriano with 16.2 points and 12.3 rebounds per game.
- Andre Curbelo’s assist statline paces St. John’s (NY); he records 5.2 assists per game.
- David Jones knocks down 1.8 three-pointers per game, the most on the Red Storm.